Home Brewing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, You should try a higher attenuation yeast like WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast. If you insist in very dry then try WLP099 Super High Gravity Ale Yeast. That one can go to 100%! I personally do not like the esters when that last one goes too high.

https://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-bank?keywords=&flocculation=0&type=yeasts&temp_from=1&temp_to=100&atten_from=74&atten_to=100&tolerance=0&drink_type=234&yeast_type=0&op=Search&form_build_id=form-aibKFpJrQiINlCK6eNwN7L275acRndbC6p0Im589ICM&form_id=whitelabs_yeast_yeast_bank_form

Have you tried putting the fermenter on a heating pad to increase the fermentation temperature? You could try for about 75 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I transferred it to a secondary carboy using CO2 on Saturday, and measured gravity at 0.022. It's coming along, and the sweetness is way down. I might let it sit around another week or so. There is plenty of other homebrew to let this sit. I don't see doing any more pitching.

Have you tried putting the fermenter on a heating pad to increase the fermentation temperature? You could try for about 75 degrees.
My concern is the 8+ months where hitting 75 would be a struggle because ambient temp in the house is usually 76-78 and garage temp can reach 100+.

Tossing the ferm keg into an ice chest is low tech but could cold crash the wort if left to its own devices.

A Kegerator would double my investment $ so is too early to even consider. A mini-fridge is a possibility with a controller that could keep it at ferm temps but there are a lot out there with some really bad reviews for failing in different ways. Is there a cooling jacket of some kind that people know works?

Black and Gold IPA...just in time!

5C848BCD-2FE7-4B99-9D48-74537EAF2A99.jpg