Home safe thread - SFO 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home about 4:30 Sunday afternoon. 74 west of Jasper is no fun in a thunderstorm. Visor fogged up, opened visor some, glasses fogged up, couldn't see squat. Opened visor all the way up, rain on glasses, lowered windshield all the way so wind would blow rain off glasses. Could barely see the road but I made it. Saw two deer in AR and a mature brown bear on 259 near the Talimena Scenic Drive. None were a problem. At 7500 miles my PR 3 front tire is worn to the bottom of the groves on the sides trying to keep up with Petey, I didn't succeed. I think I'll go with a PR 2 on the front going forward. 1465 miles for the four days. My '06 has 71.2K on it now with 12K of trips with Petey before the end of August. I enjoyed the gathering.

John

Got back to Denver Sunday at 10:30 p.m. MDT. Petey led me safely through the special hell created by the OK Department of Transportation in Tulsa. On I-70 in eastern CO I ran through a fresh bloody patch of roadkill that was skunk squeezins'. I have yet to sniff the FJR today, but I might be buying some tomato juice.

Home about 4:30 Sunday afternoon. 74 west of Jasper is no fun in a thunderstorm. Visor fogged up, opened visor some, glasses fogged up, couldn't see squat. Opened visor all the way up, rain on glasses, lowered windshield all the way so wind would blow rain off glasses. Could barely see the road but I made it. Saw two deer in AR and a mature brown bear on 259 near the Talimena Scenic Drive. None were a problem. At 7500 miles my PR 3 front tire is worn to the bottom of the groves on the sides trying to keep up with Petey, I didn't succeed. I think I'll go with a PR 2 on the front going forward. 1465 miles for the four days. My '06 has 71.2K on it now with 12K of trips with Petey before the end of August. I enjoyed the gathering.

John
Home safe 1878 miles since Tuesday great trip some rain Tuesday,Sunday & a little last 20 miles today no downpours so no problem already looking forward to next meet see you then.

Made it home, so all is well. Left the HUB a little after 08:00. Got to LaCrosse about 12:30 Monday. Made quite a few rest stops and even had a little roadside repair at one point. Waited out one Gully washer for about 30 mins. Donned all rain gear....Of course...just a few rain drops after that. A few more Drops about 20 miles from home. A Harley rider and pillion were transported via EMT after they were clipped by an SUV. This all transpired while I was eating lunch at Mikey-Dee's. Typical Garb with brain bucket.... Hope they're O.K.

dsc04370i.jpg
dsc04369f.jpg

Snapped a couple photos before I took off again.

I have a feeling,,,, Betcha I forgot to tighen a couple screws on the lower fairing when I had it off last week :huh:

dsc04372w.jpg

Nothing a bit of 3M electrical tape can't fix....

Thanks to all who attended, Good to see you all. (Ya-All) Awsome Weather, Fine company, and great riding. If you did'nt show up, You missed it.

Brian...

Damn ya yank, you need to clean that nasty bike! :p JK - I'm going home today and paying my step-son to wash mine. It's still nasty as hell from out mud run Friday. He needs the cash and I'm freakin' tired. :blink: To make things even worse, I even had a 10 mile gravel "detour" yesterday.

I second your well wishes to the Harley folks. Glad you made it in safe my man.

Have a great trip out West this summer and make sure you post up a rolling ride report so we can follow along in spirit.

It was great seeing you again this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home about 4:30 Sunday afternoon. 74 west of Jasper is no fun in a thunderstorm. Visor fogged up, opened visor some, glasses fogged up, couldn't see squat. Opened visor all the way up, rain on glasses, lowered windshield all the way so wind would blow rain off glasses. Could barely see the road but I made it.

John
John: You might try a pinlock shield. It's great in the rain, no fogging whatsoever. Works great for me. I have a clear shield with a clear insert for rain and a yellow insert I have used for cold mornings with no rain.

We left The Hub Sunday around 10am, and missed all the rain. We headed north up 65 to Osceola, IA and stayed the night there. I finished my 860 mile ride home by 2:30 Monday. I had a great time and put on 2295 miles, and wore out a rear tire. The weather was perfect. It made up for '09 and '10, when it rained almost non stop. I have no problem with The Hub. Sure a fridge and microwave would be nice, but it's not something I really need. The room was clean and serviced every day. The AC worked. Maybe the shower head could be soaked in CLR or vinegar to remove a little lime scale, but it wasn't bad.

We left The Hub Sunday around 10am, and missed all the rain. We headed north up 65 to Osceola, IA and stayed the night there. I finished my 860 mile ride home by 2:30 Monday. I had a great time and put on 2295 miles, and wore out a rear tire. The weather was perfect. It made up for '09 and '10, when it rained almost non stop. I have no problem with The Hub. Sure a fridge and microwave would be nice, but it's not something I really need. The room was clean and serviced every day. The AC worked. Maybe the shower head could be soaked in CLR or vinegar to remove a little lime scale, but it wasn't bad.

We made it home tonight after a couple of busines meetings on the way home. sorry we bailed out so early, it was nice meeting everyone.

Got home last night. I spent a couple of days visiting family in Kalamazoo on the way home. I had a great time in Arkansas.

Regarding The Hub, the place was ok, but I don't think I'd stay there again until they freshen it up a little.

Got home last night. I spent a couple of days visiting family in Kalamazoo on the way home. I had a great time in Arkansas.

Regarding The Hub, the place was ok, but I don't think I'd stay there again until they freshen it up a little.

Very impressed Greg.

I think you really are taking advantage of this retirement thing. :D

(Makes me sick you bastard!)