How to tell if a 2005 model FJR is ABS or non-ABS?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opie has a recently acquired spousal unit now. No need for fapping for at least 5-6 years... or perhaps the first outbreak of progeny.

In fact, during the honeymoon (which he is still in) he's the one that turns out the light and say's "g'night dear."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shit! If the feller is a gonna fap?? I gotta help him out ya know.

saggy.jpg

justin-bieber.jpg

imagesfat.jpg

Whip it.. Whip it real good..

:fuck:

Iwannafjr, ABS will be of great benefit to you...assuming you cant ride any better than the rest of these pussies. ABS sucks supermoist bluechunky asscheese w/peanuts K ? If you're inexperienced enough to GRAP a handful of anything whilst riding a bike of this caliber, other than a quick titty, I suggest searching for some nads while down there. Ride a dirt bike on dirt, learn, crash, repeat. I only have 37 bikes, 500K and 46 of my 51 years riding these infernal machines and while ABS has its place, as do seat belts and cup-holders, a motorcycle aint it. It'll lull you into thinking you can stop anywhere anytime...and although upright and stopped perfectly, wont be too cool in the middle of that damn busy intersection while racerjane in her hot hatch bolts into you in mid text. The FJR is an impeccable machine and handles so good my Duc used to pee on the floor just to get noticed and I would certainly welcome any improvement to safety, I just think too much emphasis is on technobabble and not enough riding practice is stressed. If you find an old Feej with blue dots, dont discount it, ABS aint all that. Wheres my scissors ?

Bobby

I respectfully disagree, Bobby.

Yes, what you say is true about ABS causing a slightly longer minimum stopping distance, but that is only true on perfectly clean and dry pavement. So I guess if one were sure that they would never have to ride on roads where traction was compromised by such foreign materials as dirt, sand, gravel, painted markings, fuel, oil or water, well... then they would be foolish to want ABS. But for those that think they may encounter one or more of the above, the ABS can be beneficial at keeping the rubber side down for even a highly skilled rider.

That said, two of my three bikes do not have ABS, and to be quite honest, I do not ride them much differently than the FJR with ABS. OTOH, neither of the other two tip the scales quite so much as the porky FJR, and they also seldom get ridden 2-up. Some guy named Newton said that he more mass that you have hurtling forward, the more brake power will be required to be transmitted through the tires to get it to a stop.

My first FJR did not have ABS...my second FJR four years later had ABS.

All my future FJRs will have ABS...even if I get a Gen 1 again.

I wonder how I will be able to tell if it is ABS or not? :p

Iwannafjr, ABS will be of great benefit to you...assuming you cant ride any better than the rest of these pussies. ABS sucks supermoist bluechunky asscheese w/peanuts K ? If you're inexperienced enough to GRAP a handful of anything whilst riding a bike of this caliber, other than a quick titty, I suggest searching for some nads while down there. Ride a dirt bike on dirt, learn, crash, repeat. I only have 37 bikes, 500K and 46 of my 51 years riding these infernal machines and while ABS has its place, as do seat belts and cup-holders, a motorcycle aint it. It'll lull you into thinking you can stop anywhere anytime...and although upright and stopped perfectly, wont be too cool in the middle of that damn busy intersection while racerjane in her hot hatch bolts into you in mid text. The FJR is an impeccable machine and handles so good my Duc used to pee on the floor just to get noticed and I would certainly welcome any improvement to safety, I just think too much emphasis is on technobabble and not enough riding practice is stressed. If you find an old Feej with blue dots, dont discount it, ABS aint all that. Wheres my scissors ?

channeling the sausage creature...

Bobby

I respectfully disagree, Bobby.

Yes, what you say is true about ABS causing a slightly longer minimum stopping distance, but that is only true on perfectly clean and dry pavement. So I guess if one were sure that they would never have to ride on roads where traction was compromised by such foreign materials as dirt, sand, gravel, painted markings, fuel, oil or water, well... then they would be foolish to want ABS. But for those that think they may encounter one or more of the above, the ABS can be beneficial at keeping the rubber side down for even a highly skilled rider.

That said, two of my three bikes do not have ABS, and to be quite honest, I do not ride them much differently than the FJR with ABS. OTOH, neither of the other two tip the scales quite so much as the porky FJR, and they also seldom get ridden 2-up. Some guy named Newton said that he more mass that you have hurtling forward, the more brake power will be required to be transmitted through the tires to get it to a stop.
Thanks Fred. I completely concur with you on the effectiveness of ABS in terms of general safety. I 'spose I'm a little touchy as I lost a friend on an ABS equipped bike (VFR) due to his own bad judgement , but what struck me as odd and frankly has started to..ahhhhh..reinflame my often misplaced passions are the comments I heard after his demise. He had a Dianese air-bag jacket and ABS and linked brakes and Alpinestar boots, Held gloves etc.etc and the family was pissed because he tried to outwit Mr Newton and failed in bloody ragdoll fashion on the Dallas North Tollway....and all that super-expensive equiptment wasnt anything compared to the little glands pumping hormones to his brain. But he refused to take any courses and i had lots of old dirt bikes back then but he deemed them too dangerous. After all, Uncle Bosephus fell off his Hardly, twiced even, and he's doin' jes great...that eye has always wandered a bit...

I can truly dig where y'all are coming from....sausage creature indeed!...but in my humble drug-addled and feeble mind I remember my seat of the pants reactions...ie curb, hedge, yard, golf course, sidewalk, alleyway, pedestranian re-directs resulted in many many saves....lots of bleach in the whites, but MANY saves ! I DO NOT recommend these methods and I condone safety improvements, and the '13 Feej looks chock full of 'em ! But its a big topheavy bike and it'd be a good thing to know how to wreck a little, you know, gracefully . I even use the back brake sometimes...its how I bring him down out of a long wheelie !! Thank you too Wheatie ! ( I think the ABS ones have silver balls vs. blue balls )...I do see your point !

Besides the color of the piston bore plugs, non-ABS bikes don't have the senser wire going to the left caliper.
Just tryin' tuh hep.....
rolleyessmileyanim.gif