how to you wire barrier strip??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sidebar question.
While i'm a fan of barrier strips because of simplicity, I"m wondering what might be some good ways to protect the terminals from extended exposure to water, salt, piss and all other things. Besides the obligatory dielectric grease, are there any kind of protectants that could be sprayed on for added protection?
I'm not saying this stuff works, I've yet to try it

...but after seeing mild corrosion on my last barrier strips, and knowing that even under the fairing they get exposed to the elements, I'm going to try some of this stuff out with my new barrier strips.

Also, after some dielectric grease TLC around the bike, might use it on some spyder connectors as well --after I see how it behaves on the barrier strips. Besides spray, also available in brush-on form.

performix_16009-6_lg.jpg

I ended up using two barrier strips - one hot, one ground. Powered the hot with a relay. Have them both under the seat, out of the weather.

I have used liquid electrical tape from a can for my Jensen radio connectors. Good stuff.

I used liqued electrical tape to coat the screws and the jumpers. this has worked so fare to keep corosion out and to avoid shorting if a ground wire or some metal came in contact with hot part of the strip (not to likley but who knows).