HutRU01's Mods - 2005 FJR1300 ABS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HutRU01

Reaction score
I just purchased my 2005 FJR1300 and the modding has begun.

Ordered

- ​Leo Vince LV-One EVO II Slip-On - Carbon Fiber (Pics and Video Comparison to Stock to come)

- SpdZn's Super Sport Touring Motorcycle Hot Gas Tank Heat Fix Kit

- OEM Headlight Retrofit (Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 Bi-xenon Projectors, MC-R Shrouds, Halo ring retainer rings, 4300K HID Bulbs)

Currently looking for the following

- Rear Hugger for the Gen 1 FJR1300 that doesn't cost $400 bucks like the Geelong Carbon Craft hugger.

- Rider and Passenger Replacement Footpegs - I found footpegs @ https://www.whaccessories.com/FootPegsReplacement.htm, but wanted to get some feedback from forum members on the quality of these footpegs)

- Passenger Seat Backrest - I found a PCA backrest @ https://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=2695, but I am not sure I want to drill into the seat plastic if order for it to be installed. Are there any other options for the Gen 1 FJRs?

Any tips or suggested would be greatly appreciated.

PM Gerauld (here on the forums). He makes and sells the backrest. Quality and great price.
Thanks. I will hit him up for sure.

I was hoping to get some decent aftermarket ones. I don't care for the pegs with rubber. The rubber just wears away.
I hear ya, but the rubber may offer some anti-vibration factor. The after markets look good, never tried them.

Assuming the back rest is for an SO then that SO will want to carry a ton of stuff which means you probably need a top box that you can get with a pad that serves as the passenger back rest. Most use Givi top boxes and they make a rack for the gen 1. It works good.

I use sport foot pegs to give more clearance on lean but that's with a full after market suspension which doesn't bottom out in the tight stuff. If your 05 suspension is stock you might want to hang on to the stock pegs. The feelers will sometimes scrape in hard turns and warn that you've maxed out the suspension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a backrest from Gary (Garauld)

Here is the one I ordered.

P9051359b.jpg

Sorry I just saw this, but Pyramid Plastics makes an excellent hugger. I put one on my SV1000, it looked fantastic with the black finish and fit perfectly. In addition, those WHA footpegs look just like the ones I also had. Mine were some kind of (MFW?) vario footpegs that I purchased from Twistedthrottle.com and were very good quality. You can order them with your choice of lowering arms for increased legroom. Beware of the "race" pegs. I had a nasty gash on my shin from hitting the rear edge of those pegs while wearing shorts.

Let the modding/farkling begin! Steve (also a new '05 FJR ABS owner)

Sorry I just saw this, but Pyramid Plastics makes an excellent hugger. I put one on my SV1000, it looked fantastic with the black finish and fit perfectly. In addition, those WHA footpegs look just like the ones I also had. Mine were some kind of (MFW?) vario footpegs that I purchased from Twistedthrottle.com and were very good quality. You can order them with your choice of lowering arms for increased legroom. Beware of the "race" pegs. I had a nasty gash on my shin from hitting the rear edge of those pegs while wearing shorts. Let the modding/farkling begin! Steve (also a new '05 FJR ABS owner)
Thanks man. I did see the Pyramid Plastics one, but I found a rear hugger and fender eliminator on https://www.oemmotorparts.com/parts.asp?G0=200000001&G1=20fa00001&G2=20faya001&G3=20FAYA135&T0=street%20acc&T1=design%20body%20parts&T2=yamaha&T3=FJR%201300&D=BKDSN

Well I received the following email from oemmotorparts.com

Dear Matt,

We checked today and the company who is delivering these parts does not have these parts anymore.

So we make a credit for these parts.

Sorry for the
inconvenience

So that sucks. I guess I will go find a Pyramid plastics rear hugger and take a dremel to the stock fender / mudguard.

Pic Updates with Leo Vince Carbon Pipes. I haven't put the hugger on yet and the retrofit is a work in progress. When I have time I will get a video of the exhaust.

ecar.jpg

9yvn.jpg

Those cans look great and probably sound even better!. Do I see a Russel seat and taller windscreen?

Sneak peak of the HID Retrofit. This is not my work, but of a buddy of mine that does retrofits. If you are interested, I can put you in touch with him. Also, if you want more information, please PM me.

Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 Bi-xenon Projectors, MC-R Shrouds (from www.theretrofitsource.com)

1374075_10151963428504785_2093236758_n.jpg