I-93 NH Exit 5 to become Diner Central

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey NERDS,

In case you haven't heard, exit 5 off of I-93 is soon to become "Diner Central, New Hampsha" sometime this fall when the famous Red Arrow builds their new Diner right where the old Sunoco station and RMZ truck stop is now.

Yep... that's directly across Rt 28 from Poor Boy's Diner.
ohno-smiley02.gif

New Red Arrow Diner to Open

Don't know what this will will mean long term to little Poor Boy's Diner. I sure hope they can weather the competition, but assuming they can, it should be a lot easier to get a seat somewhere for breakfast before starting out on one of our eat, to ride, to eats. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am (tentatively) planning to head to SE Ohio Ramble next Tuesday, but if the weather forecast doesn't improve that plan may get scrapped. In which case a Sunday brunch run may be just the ticket to soothe my angst.

But I'm sure we could do a bit better than Poor Boys for a ride-to maple destination. 'Tis the season, after all...

I hear Polly's Pancake Parlor in Sugar Hill (of course) is a fantastic take, and I've never been. It would probably mean a wait, but who cares. You're surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery and fresh clean air!

Or Parker's Maple Barn in Mason is always a sure gustatory bet, as well as the Intervale Farm Pancake House in the only Henniker on Earth! They still may be boiling sap at those two since they got such a late start. And good riding all around those places.

We scored a gallon of the amber nectar a couple weeks back from Stuart and John's Maple barn in Westmoreland, NH. They seem to do a phenomenal business on Sundays, so they must be good.
wink.png

Lots of choices. Someone ought to plan something soon...
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We hit Polly's everytime we are in New Hampshire - it is worth the stop! Luckily, we have not had to wait but we would if we had to. The waitress cooks your pancakes when you're ready for them so you always get them hot, right off the griddle. Be sure to pick up a bag of pancake mix for home, too
smile.png

Of course they cook you pancakes to order. Anything else just would not be civilized!!

Have you tried Parker's Maple Barn? They are quite good too. And a lot closer to CT

Benton's Sugar Shack in Thornton NH [Week ends only] rt 175 south of Lincoln, and Flap Jacks Main St [rt 112], [Week ends only in non summer season] Lincoln NH are solid choices,,but go early !