I believe I have a solution for Houston traffic problems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to you and your wife. Sometimes change is a very good thing.

Now tell me though.....you got enough room in case the Hooterville gang what's to do a layover?
rolleyes.gif

Um? let see? Move to somwhere alot better for riding motorcycles then Houston?
cool.gif
BINGO! we have a winner!

Today we closed on a house in Omaha Arkansas. About 25 miles south of Branson Missouri.

Smack dab in the middle of some of the best motorcycle riding in the central region.

602594_404239669632951_424281313_n.jpg
Congrats!

I think the October Hooterville ride is basing out of that house.

Coincidence? I think not.

I hope I have a story like that next year............at least the working part..........

Looks like you have settled someplace way better than around here. Hopefully your move went smooth. I'm trying to convince Jeanne she's ready for a longer run next spring.

Dennis, yes the move went pretty smoothly and our house in Houston should be sold by the end of next week.

There is some fantastic riding up here and if you come up I will be glad to show it to you.

Late March or April are good months to ride up here.

And I do have a guest room...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update on this thread - in a week it will be one year since we closed on our house in Arkansas and living here gets better every day!

We are blending into the local culture and just last weekend went to the Missouri state fair in Sedalia where we had a great time watching........wait for it.........mule jumping competition!!

Resistance was futile - we have been assimilated!

Just an update on this thread - in a week it will be one year since we closed on our house in Arkansas and living here gets better every day!
We are blending into the local culture and just last weekend went to the Missouri state fair in Sedalia where we had a great time watching........wait for it.........mule jumping competition!!

Resistance was futile - we have been assimilated!
I've heard some of our forum members participate in "sheep jumping", but I don't think it is the same as "mule jumping".

I believe the sheep thing is mostly in the sparsely populated western states where wimmen are scarce.. And by Honda riders who claim "I'm just helping the sheep over the fence"...

I did see a cow tipping t-shirt for sale at the fair.

On other good news, there are literally miles and miles of dirt and gravel county roads and lanes and state forest roads within minutes of my house so I just had to go out and get a used Yamaha WR-250R dual sport bike to go exploring on them with!

Between the FJR and the WR-250 I am having fun now!!

Latest posts