I Don't Farkle Much but - 2014 ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyO

Reaction score
I tell myself that I don't put too many farkles on my bike. My 2014 ES doesn't need many but as I was washing it, it seems that I have a few. Some I took off my 2006 FJR and transplanted on my 2014.

Garauld who is on the forum and makes very cool custom made luggage racks built a rack with backrest mount for my 2006. I sent him the rack and he repainted it to 2014 red. Garauld does great work and it looks awesome.

I put Motovation frame sliders, they are cut to fit the fairing and bolt right on. They look good and may help just like my Skyways did on my 06 with a slow speed tip over, although I'll try not to let that happen. They seem to be much better quality than the Skyways.

I took the well broken in Yamaha comfort seat off my 06 and it looks good and feels good on my 14.

I also took the Backoff license plate bracket with tail and brake lights off my 06 and put it on my 14. This gives a lot of extra tail and brake light and it's good to be seen among all those cages out there. This is the 3rd bike I've had this bracket/lights on, it came off my V-Rod before my 06 FJR.

I just installed a Cee Bailey sport screen. This is way better than the stock windshield but only 1 inch taller. I'm 6' 3" and it gives me a no buffet quiet zone and doesn't look huge on the bike.

So, looks like I ended up with quite a few farkles.

I have 6,000 miles on the bike and I love this bike. Just a little over 2 months old and doing great. Can't find anything wrong with it.

Have our friend Garauld paint those side panels red and the tank band black and you will be ready to ride. Stop posting pics of that beautiful So Cal spring landscape, it is not fair to our brothers in the deep freeze!!

Sweet ride! Really like the red!!
punk.gif

Is it just me, or is that rear rack on crooked? Maybe it's just the camera angle...
It may not be the camera angle. My Givi V46 is _definitely_ crooked on my '13. It's on my list of shit to fix this spring.

Its either I fuxored it up putting it on, or the left side mounting boss is significantly lower than the right side one.

(Yes, first thing I did was check for a broken sub-frame!)

Looks great! Gary is building one for me right now for my 14' ES. Can't wait till it arrives!!
punk.gif

I transplanted the gaurald rack off my 08 to the 14, and kind of like the black contrast. Theme follows the black tank band, dark grey tinted Cee Baileys, Two Bro. CF slipons and Euro red side panels!

DSC00705_zps8b8786b7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me, or is that rear rack on crooked? Maybe it's just the camera angle...
Looks jigged to the right to me (as well?). Must be just us right coast guys seeing things cock-eyed.

Is it inappropriate here to say "nice rack"??
Since when are you worried about saying things inappropriate here? <<LMAO>>

Josh, u are one funny dude skool teach
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks jigged to the right to me (as well?). Must be just us right coast guys seeing things cock-eyed.

Is it inappropriate here to say "nice rack"??
Since when are you worried about saying things inappropriate here? <<LMAO>>

Josh, u are one funny dude skool teach
smile.png
Is it inappropriate here to say "cock eyed"?
no.gif

I transplanted the gaurald rack off my 08 to the 14, and kind of like the black contrast. Theme follows the black tank band, dark grey tinted Cee Baileys, Two Bro. CF slipons and Euro red side panels!
DSC00705_zps8b8786b7.jpg
That's a darn good lookin motorsickle! :thumbsup: