I don't have a passport yet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chill - you're fine with any photo ID - most use their driver's licence.

Unless you get stuck behind a big line-up of trucks and cages, the border formalities should take only a minute or two.

No packing in Canada - even if you have a carry permit in the US. No sense of humour on this one...

See you in September!

Just read today the gummint is going to relax the program.. too many pissed off travellers. You may be in luck after all. :rolleyes:

Only if you've applied already. Gotta have a receipt and license to get by with. Which is odd because when I did mine this spring, i didn't receive any kind of receipt.

I was in Cozumel last week. mexico didn't even stamp my book! what a gyp!! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.

here is what I know after going in and out of Canada on the bike today. We have passports, and with a passport, it was a breeze. There were several in our group that did not have a passport , just a drivers license. They were questioned for a longer period of time and one was" lucky" enough to have to go through the full search of all his gear and bike which took some time. I did see that the "quick pass " or what ever it is called, lanes are still there and were open, but I did not see anyone go into the line and I did not ask about it. I had an application for this pass last year and I remember it was a $50.00 charge, and required you to fill out and send in some information, sort of like a passport, may be a good substitute for a passport for travel to Canada.

I did some google searchin and here is the info, the pass is a Nexus card. See below. it costs US $50.00

NEXUS

Information and Application Form

RC4209(E) Rev. 06/12

About NEXUS

NEXUS is designed to expedite the border clearance process for low-risk, pre-approved travellers into Canada and the United States.

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are cooperating in this joint venture to simplify border crossings for members, while enhancing security.

To become a member in this program, you must:

submit an application and go through a registration process;

satisfy the eligibility criteria;

be admissible in Canada and the United States; and

pass risk assessments by both countries.

Program benefits

If you are approved to participate in NEXUS, you will receive a membership identification card to use when entering Canada or the United States at all participating NEXUS air, land and marine ports of entry.

Membership will allow you to save time by:

crossing the border more quickly, using automated NEXUS self-serve kiosks in designated areas at participating international airports;

enjoying a quick and simplified entry process while travelling back and forth between Canada and the United States using dedicated lanes at the land border; and

reporting to border officials by phone in the marine mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts