I made it home!! Did you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderbret

Reaction score
After a nice easy ride home I am safe and comfortable. The wife even missed me!!

I wanted to say a big thanks to Burke and everyone involved with putting this together. I had a really great time!!

It was great to meet eveyone and to see those I had met before.

I cant wait for the next FJR meeting. I will be at more for sure. I will also be posting pictures later. Hard to pick the best cause there are so many good ones!!!

:clapping: :yahoo: :p B)

Rolled into Tucson about half an hour ago..

Thanks again Burk for all the hard work. Nice to put faces to names!

Greg

We Peggy and I got home about 3:30. Peggy told be to let you all know she had a great time,

and thanks.

I also had a good time, and was nice to meet Old Michael. What a picture taker.

Thanks again Burke for all the hard work. Nice to meet you all and puts faces with the avatars.

Joe

Holly and I had a very nice two day trip back to Havasu. Wish we could have gone on the

Saturday ride. We got back in the morning to beat the heat. Could not have had a better time riding and meeting all of you for the first time. We are waiting to hear back from DUKE they are suppose to be in tonight. All ready looking forward to the next ride!!

We made it back safe and sound about 1 hour ago. It was an absolutely perfect day and the ideal way to end such a great trip. Thanks again, Burk, for putting all of this together. You couldn't have done it better, except for maybe rigging the drawing so that I might have won some swag. I really, really, wanted that flask dammit!

It was great seeing all the familiar faces again and meeting some fine new peeps. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Had a great time also. Got up early this morning, had some breakfast then took off on my journey home. Covered my 350 miles in a hurry, as I left about 05:45 in the morning and arrived home at 11:00. It was already hot once I passed through Kingman and started my descent into the valley of Satan on in to Lake Havasu City.

It was great meeting so many of you and realizing many of the rumors are true, I had never seen anyone tow a shopping cart behind an FJR with all of their belongings aboard; thanks for the lesson on how to determine the difference between hot-tub bubbles and methane, I just wish you would have warned me before I moved my chair too close.

Thanks Burk for the effort you put in to organizing this trip, it was nice to see our table win a lot of cool stuff. It was a close call when BeemerDonS and Niehart smuggled contraband into the banquet room. Three cheers to Room 106!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a nice ride back to the Valley with Don. It didn't get too hot until about 45 minutes out of Phx. We hit the north side at around 12:30.

I want to thank all of you that attended. You really made putting this event together easy. A big thanks to Beemerdons for making the rides go smoothly.

I am still in kind of an afterglow thinking about all of the fantastic people I met at this gathering. It gives me great hope for this troubled world.

So, Taos, NM next year???

Burk

I departed Page at 6:30 this morning.

Arrived home in Bakersfield just before 6pm.

Pretty chilly this morning, but the afternoon made up for it.

Temps in excess of 100 from Kingman, AZ all the way to Bakersfield.

Safely home, after a wonderful weekend. It took us exactly 12hrs to cover the 670 miles from Page to Huntington Beach. Our GPS (Sheila) showed us a novel way to get through Flagstaff. Who would have thought that those tiny little roads formed the best route through a big city? It was an interesting detour.

Loved the road from Page to Flagstaff. The temperature was perfect - requiring jacket liners and warm gloves. The rest of the day was a steady 108 degrees or so. And yes, I burned my legs on the tank again. Pouring a jug of cold water over myself at a rest stop helped for a while, but then that turned into super-heated steam when my legs hit the tank. Ah! the joys of riding a first gen, and sitting on the tank instead of the seat!

We had lunch in Seligman, where the food was mediocre but the ambiance made up for it. Felt as though we were in the movie 'Cars', with the rusty old tow-truck parked outside.

Waved to Duke (and handler) as we passed their abode but we may have been going a bit too fast for them to see us.

Crossed the border in Kalifornya and instantly hooked up with the rolling road blocks. How is that people in AZ just GET IT, about passing then pulling over? Fortunately, we have the technology to get around the slow pokes, no matter where they pitch their camp.

A huge thank you to Burke, for all the hard work and worry that went into this event. It appeared to run so smoothly that we didn't see any effort at all. That's for sure, due to all the hard graft that was done behind the scenes, before and during the event.

Can't tell you how wonderful it was to put faces to names, to meet new friends and just hang out with good people. Old Michael was there too! (Great to see you again OM. I won't tell anyone else about the lilac toe-nail polish).

Duke & I have landed at home! Spent the day in flagstaff, went to the sunset crater, and rode some nice twisties up to the ski area- snowbowl! Was a great get together, thanks to everyone and duke loves ya all!

Now I gotta turn on the air & blow the heat out of the house, feed us both and kick-back!

almost made it, i hit a hang-up after vegas, traffic was stand still in nevada for 2 and half hours, as soon as i hit the CA boarder lane spliting got me as far as barstow at 5:30.

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

hot in the shade

https://kachinalodge.com/ A number of Page 2009 SW-FOG attendees had suggested Taos, New Mexico as a venue worth considering for our 2010 get together. I'd gladly step up as Ride Master to take you on rides around Land of Enchantment.

I always stay at the Kachina Lodge in Taos when I attend the BMW rallies at Sipapu Ski Resort. Plenty of rooms, evening bonfire, nice bar and you can walk to and stumble home from the Taos Square where all of the hot nightlife is going on at.

One day ride would be north to Red River, east to Angel Fire, south to Mora and return through Sipapu to Taos. 275 miles.

Another day ride would be west over Rio Grande River to Tres Piedras, north to Chama, east to Antonito, south through Questa back to Taos: 325 miles. I could also lead an excursion to see HotRodZilla's Armadillo Ranch in Albuquerque, NM!!

I made it home, safe and sound after long visits to Wupatki and Sunset Crater National Monuments. Only ran into a few rolling roadblocks on the way home.

I had an awesome time boys and girls! Watching condors at the North Rim. Meeting some old friends and making new ones. Oh yeah, smoked some awesome cigars (thanks Niehart!)

Big thanks to Burk! It was a hell of an event Dude!

Gunny! to Taos, NM for 2010.

I made it home, but it took me awhile, I got lost...again.....lol

Burk did an excellent job it was fun, looking forward to the next time we all get together. Great weekends make Monday suck for some reason.