I need to vent.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to hijack this thread from Badcat, but I'm glad your forest rat adventure only involved $$ not pain Don. It's too late for us to die young anyway!

Badcat,

One thing that you might consider in your re-birthing is how you use your bike(s). It is my opinion that the very most dangerous time and place to be on a motorcycle is on the regular commuter paths (highways usually) during commuter hours.

Save your riding time for pleasure and you will be exposing yourself to far fewer brain dead drivers with their minds anywhere but on the road. If you do have to commute (I am lucky enough not to) do it in the relative safety of a car.

I know there are many folks that say you are not a "true motorcyclist" (whatever that means) unless you ride your bike to work every day. I say that's just macho bullshit.

You're gonna pick up another FJR, you're gonna ride it to my house, and we're gonna install a cruise on it. Just like the last time.
Then we'll toast John's memory with a couple of beers.
Screw that! You're going to fly up here to Portland, buy my fully-farkled, cruise-control equipped '06 (at the friend-discount of course), THEN you can ride it down to SoCal and have those beers with Hal and Doug before heading for sunny AZ.

I still remember meeting you there in Beatty at White Stag and your excitement about riding the rally. Like the others I was saddened to hear about the accident, but glad when I found out you'd be OK. It's always a personal struggle to decide what to do after an event like this, but I'm sure you'll make the decision that's best for you and your family.

So when can I expect you to pick up your new ride? ;)

The replies to my post is a prime example of why I miss riding. You folks are the best and I have taken your advice to heart. I will see you on the road someday...you all have made me feel much better and I will now work toward my goal. I'm thinking a new FJR for my 50th birthday would be really cool. (Less than 2 years away!!!)

Don, I will be calling you soon to take you up on your offer...your bastard stepchild Skooter has to come too!

Tyler, I have ridden a Spyder and I loved it. I want to get two wheels first then who knows....

LDRyder..if you still have that thing in April of 2013 we'll talk...good idea but I would deprive Hal the opportunity to install another cruise control!!

Thank you!

Burk

Slow & Easy.....

Get your body back then your mind will come full circle when you

get back on the bike. Don't think on it so much until it's time

to ride again. Your confidence will definitely help your spouse with hers.

That's quite the collection of tales (and emotions) presented here. I have been "close" a couple of times and while I know full well the power of what those incidents did to my internal make up I also sense that I can only begin to understand some of the stuff that must come with "really" crashing. It's is good to have those who never hesitated here and it is good to have those who have taken well earned breaks return. Hopefully, we'll all get the opportunity to meet up again soon.....NAFO/CFR 2012?

Yabbut...

Then you have a day like we had today in New England...

Would I have traded this day for anything?

Abso-lutely not.

And it's my belief that we all need this kind of stuff.

It's what makes the drudgery of our normal every day existences more than just bearable.

I'm sure that you'll figure it out one way or the other. We all do.

So... we'll plan to see you out there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: