I was right and wrong.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang O'vale, glad the wrist isn't broken, and I'm sure you feel lucky the ride ended in a nice, soft ditch w/o pointy things.

I'm surprised and sorry to find out about your get-off,
I think TC is surpised because he knows how long he waited for me on 49 that day... ;)

"If he rides that slow, how could he lose traction?"

LOL

Wow! Absolute drag hearing about this.
Just flew into Sacramento airport this afternoon, had I read this earlier I'd of brought you a bottle of scotch. :)

Heal up brother.
We have Scotch in Sacramento too :)

So, what you're saying is...You backhanded the whole planet?
I never thought of it like that...I struck out in ignorance...hope she ain't pissed. :dribble:

skyway Posted Today, 02:59 PM BTW, If you need someone to keep that new bike of yours from getting bored in its new garage, I just happen to know someone who would put it to good use during the winter months.
Ian knows me so well! Of course I can keep the battery charged on your bike while you heal, think nothing of it.

A Renthal and Bark Busters and you'll be better than new. Scratches on that bike show character.

Hope you heal quickly Andrew, Goat Trail is coming up and your DRZ would be perfect!
Maybe you guys should come down for a BBQ and take it for rides to make me miss it more :glare:

Would you believe that he is just now on his way to get the wrist x-rayed?! :blink:
If he were a rugby player? Sure. But a soccer player? Man, that's way less girly than most soccer players.
I am of the old school of soccer where diving wasn't done and fouls were usually accidents unless they were deserved. I also played hockey and still play lacrosse too. Rugby was my Dad's game. He played for Bristol University. Colorado didn't have a league when I was a kid...

and I don't want to hear what Hemmingway said about sport. He hung around with poets that were on drugs...what does he know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised and sorry to find out about your get-off,
I think TC is surpised because he knows how long he waited for me on 49 that day... ;)

"If he rides that slow, how could he lose traction?"

LOL

Wow! Absolute drag hearing about this.
Just flew into Sacramento airport this afternoon, had I read this earlier I'd of brought you a bottle of scotch. :)

Heal up brother.
We have Scotch in Sacramento too :)

So, what you're saying is...You backhanded the whole planet?
I never thought of it like that...I struck out in ignorance...hope she ain't pissed. :dribble:

skyway Posted Today, 02:59 PM BTW, If you need someone to keep that new bike of yours from getting bored in its new garage, I just happen to know someone who would put it to good use during the winter months.
Ian knows me so well! Of course I can keep the battery charged on your bike while you heal, think nothing of it.

A Renthal and Bark Busters and you'll be better than new. Scratches on that bike show character.

Hope you heal quickly Andrew, Goat Trail is coming up and your DRZ would be perfect!
Maybe you guys should come down for a BBQ and take it for rides to make me miss it more :glare:

Would you believe that he is just now on his way to get the wrist x-rayed?! :blink:
If he were a rugby player? Sure. But a soccer player? Man, that's way less girly than most soccer players.
I am of the old school of soccer where diving wasn't done and fouls were usually accidents unless they were deserved. I also played hockey and still play lacrosse too. Rugby was my Dad's game. He played for Bristol University. Colorado didn't have a league when I was a kid...

and I don't want to hear what Hemmingway said about sport. He hung around with poets that were on drugs...what does he know?
A good cigar from a bad one?.... :lol: .....

A good cigar from a bad one?.... :lol: .....
Probably! And a participle from a anticedent? and rope from soap. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if you'd catch that little line about Hemmingway...lol

Sorry to hear about your mishap. You'll want to get rid of those crap stock bars anyway. Put some fat ProTapers, Renthal, or Tags on it. Then get yourself some good quality (see Cycra) handguards.

These bikes crash very well. Like I said over on the other thread, I lowsided twice in the same day at the track. I picked the bike up and was on my way.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. You'll want to get rid of those crap stock bars anyway. Put some fat ProTapers, Renthal, or Tags on it. Then get yourself some good quality (see Cycra) handguards.
These bikes crash very well. Like I said over on the other thread, I lowsided twice in the same day at the track. I picked the bike up and was on my way.
The SM comes stock with renthal tapered. Different that what you mentioned?

The SM comes stock with renthal tapered. Different that what you mentioned?
The '07 SM's come with Renthal tapered bars. From the pictures, yours looks like an '06. The bars on the '06 & '05 are made of some kind of soft lead material. LOL

Did you buy yours new? If so, you need to head back to the dealer and get your Excel rim stickers. They come with EVERY bike. They should have been in your owner's manual. If you don't have them, they are in one of the dirtbag mechanic's toolbox.

yea sure you thought you were back in the good old 70 dees riding a BULTACO and you just got carried away ................................. hope you feel fine soon .. i told you to pu the nobbies on that bike .

Last edited by a moderator:
Big learning curve on street traction of those dual purpose tires. We are so spoiled by our sticky Avons etc on the FJR's, although it sounds like no tire would have saved you if the sand was deep enough. Heal fast buddy!

Big learning curve on street traction of those dual purpose tires. We are so spoiled by our sticky Avons etc on the FJR's, although it sounds like no tire would have saved you if the sand was deep enough. Heal fast buddy!
The DRZ400SM comes with Dunlop D207's. They were OEM tires on several models of supersport bikes. They are NOT dual sport tires.

The DRZ400SM comes with Dunlop D207's. They were OEM tires on several models of supersport bikes. They are NOT dual sport tires.

Yah...I have to say that no tire would have saved me on that turn. I mean 17-23 miles per hour ain't much of a clip. What would have saved me would have been to see the hard to see sand. I had no clue it was there until I saw my front tire sliding through it.

Wow , I don't visit the board for a couple days, 'n all hell breaks loose.. see ya shoulda had your leg out front in true motard syle, a little more speed, two wheel drifted and all woulda been kool !! B)

Really glad your ok bro !! :D

Wow , I don't visit the board for a couple days, 'n all hell breaks loose.. see ya shoulda had your leg out front in true motard syle, a little more speed, two wheel drifted and all woulda been kool !! B)
Really glad your ok bro !! :D
I was thinking the same thing. One wheel skids just mean you were going too slow :D