Icon Urban Tank Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
I presently have a Cortech tailbag and have been using the Icon Primer tankbag but need something a bit larger. Is anyone using the Urban and how does it compare to other bags of that size? Thanks in advance for your comments. :)

I had one and used it for about a year on another bike. It was big and the features were handy at times but I found myself seldom using the helmet holder feature nor the back straps. Given it has no internal framework or support, unless you pack it full of stuff...which requires a lot of stuff, it would not hold it's shape all that well. I went to a Tourmaster/Cortech bag. I prefer a tankbag that maintains it's shape, full or not.

Oh...and the magnets will scratch the shit out of your paint job. :angry2: The padding material that contacts the tank was not conducive to releasing material that gets picked up by the magnets or just collected dirt. I was anal about keeping them clean but I had abraded spots at each contact point. Fortunately that bike had a recall on the fuel tank and Suzuki gave me a new one and at that point, the Icon bag was sold off. I'll never use a magnetic bag again.

Latest posts