IMS Sacramento

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfran

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Started with breakfast at Samon's Southern Kitchen

IMG_2695.jpg

Then on to the show, The consensus is that it was better than the past few years in San Mateo.

Some of the babes.

20151107_135123.jpg

Some of the Guys

20151107_135047.jpg

Nise stunt show

P1100804.jpg

Grandson sure enjoyed it

P1100808.jpg

P1100813.jpg

Oh, and someone had this at breakfast

P1100797.jpg

Well not too many pics. But, it was a beautiful day and a good show spent with friends.

Hope all you going Sunday have a great day.

A big thank you goes out to Gary and his family for inviting us into his home and sharing a fabulous lunch and good conversation with all the nor cal forumites.

Most definitely a better show than the last couple of Bay Area ones. Fun time
punk.gif

The ladies liked it cause there was plenty of "girlie bling" to purchase
rolleyes.gif
and Deb n Terrie took full advantage
smile.png

Well, GRAN, looks like you are the only one standing tall on the RR for this momentous event!

.. I mean, really, no one else took pix?

Really sorry I couldn't make this shindig.

The Sacramento area has a bunch of the very best FJR folks. Every FJR dude in this area has a sweetheart of a pillion, and every FJR meetup I've attended in this area has warmed my heart

and made me appreciate having been a part of this community. From the very first time I met and mingled with this group, I've always left every gathering with a warm heart and a good vibration.

The fellows I've met (and gotten to love) have made my life a better thing, but I gotta say that the wives/pillions/main squeezes that these bastards have somehow tricked into co-existing with them, well, ...

they are without exception some of the sweetest, loveliest, finest humans I've ever known. Y'all know who you are.

And as I'm now selling the old Feej, and transitioning away from this fine Forum, I think it's important to note what a fantastic bunch I've met here.

I love you guys. (And NO, I'm not hammered. . . . . at the moment.)

Peace and love.

Go Leafs!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really sorry I couldn't make this shindig.The Sacramento area has a bunch of the very best FJR folks. Every FJR dude in this area has a sweetheart of a pillion, and every FJR meetup I've attended in this area has warmed my heart

and made me appreciate having been a part of this community. From the very first time I met and mingled with this group, I've always left every gathering with a warm heart and a good vibration.

The fellows I've met (and gotten to love) have made my life a better thing, but I gotta say that the wives/pillions/main squeezes that these bastards have somehow tricked into co-existing with them, well, ...

they are without exception some of the sweetest, loveliest, finest humans I've ever known. Y'all know who you are.

And as I'm now selling the old Feej, and transitioning away from this fine Forum, I think it's important to note what a fantastic bunch I've met here.

Peace and love.

Go Leafs!!!!
Man, what a suck up!

biggrin.png

It was great brunching with Tyler, Erin, Gale, Dougie, and Dan this morning. Made it worth the bit of wet on the ride over from the bay area.
smile.png

Cal Expo was a nice venue for this size show, which I think was better than recent IMS shows in the south bay. And the equipment check was a nice touch on a rainy day. In fact it was raining enough that as we walked in, I couldn't believe my ears as they announced the stunt show would start in 15 minutes! I gave that a pass, although the weather likely lent an interesting dimension to the performance.

Not much so new this show, but lots of pretty 2 and 3 wheeled things to look at.

Over at the Progressive Insurance boot, Flo was a no-show again this year. Not even a life-size cut out for a consolation photo op.

No photos here either, so I concede "best trip report" to Gary!

Cheers!

Really sorry I couldn't make this shindig.The Sacramento area has a bunch of the very best FJR folks. Every FJR dude in this area has a sweetheart of a pillion, and every FJR meetup I've attended in this area has warmed my heart

Peace and love.

Go Leafs!!!!
Man, what a suck up!

biggrin.png
elizabeth-i-blarney.png

The Origin of Blarney

The word "blarney" has a royal pedigree and its roots in Blarney. During the reformation Queen Elizabeth I was trying to come to grips with the Irish. While not adverse to fire and sword if necessary, Elizabeth also employed diplomacy and frequently met her Irish subjects face to face.

She might have had second thoughts about the wisdom of doing so when she met Cormac MacCarthy and her match. As the current lord of Blarney Castle Cormac tried to keep his independence. At the same time he tried to avoid giving away too much of anything to the crown.

Thus Elizabeth's demands were met not by deeds but by extensive elaborations on why something could not be done, at least not immediately or without modification.

In short - Cormac tried to talk and bluff his way out of it.

One day Elizabeth cracked and screamed, "This is all blarney, what he says he never means." With this the Virgin Queen had given birth to a new phrase in the English language.

Peace and love.

Go Leafs!!!!
You'd better NOT be transitioning away -- brother !

Us FJR riders like you Wingers
punk.gif
-----
sleep.png