Injectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RUBBERMAN

05 , 4000KM, love this bike,i have a question concerning the amount and loudness of the injectors. Ticking seems very loud at 2000-3000 rpm in 3rd gear,ican swear i hear it in other gears and rpm to, very faint. My last bike was a 750 gsxr,no fuel injector tick,i guess my question is ,is this normal. By the way farkles so far GIVI screen, STARCOM 1,SHAD TOP CASE,D&D RISERS,THROTTLE LOCK,MOUNTAIN BIKE GRIPS OVER FACTORY ONES AMBIENT TEMP GAUGE.

RUBBERMAN

I now have a little over 6000 km on mine and I hear nothing out of the ordinary, and that's without ear plugs. I only hear the burble of the exhaust and some very faint sounds from the engine, could be valves, injectors, or ??. I have even removed the rubber thingys (technical jargon) from between the fuel tank and the frame, leaving somewhat large openings right where the injectors and cylinder head are. And still no noise. Maybe you just have super-hearing. ;)

Len

I wonder if this noise isn't the valve noise that is being described as a 'clicker' in another thread on this forum. Apparently caused by a problem with the valves and/or valve guides.