INNOVV ThirdEYE BSD system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed INNOVV ThirdEYE on my bike. Product itself is nice, robust and well done. To install it on FJR with clean look and as less as possible bike parts modification was a bit challenge, but overall I am very glad with the result, therefore I decided to share it here.

Product how it's arrived:

IMG_9493.jpg
IMG_9498.jpgIMG_9500.jpg

Place where I decided to installed the radar. I made small metal bracket and attached it under license plate:

24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-5.jpg

24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-7.jpg

Electronic unit find it's place under rear right fairing, attached by 3M self adhesive tape (included in the package):

24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-8.jpg

Most challenging was to decide where and how to place display units. I decided to redesign and adopt my 3d printed GPS holder. Here how it looks in CAD:

24_04_INNOV-CAD-FJR-1.jpg

24_04_INNOV-CAD-FJR-3.jpg

Last edited:
And final result - without NAV:

24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-final-1.jpg

With NAV:

24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-final-4.jpg24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-final-6.jpg24_04_INNOV-Install-FJR-final-7 - Copy.jpg

I tested it on short ride and all works as advertised. System detected vehicles arriving from the rear (cars, motorbike or even bike) when my bike was stationary or slowly moving - left or right fine. Also fast arriving vehicles with both LED displays activated.
Will add also some feedback later, after longer trip, so far I am happy with the product.