Installing Yamaha Touring Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtfriedrich

Reaction score
My stock short one has an area at the base that is covered with a thin black foam, like a gasket. The new one has none. I don't think the foam will come off the old one to move over to the new one. Am I supposed to have gotten this piece and applied it, or was the foam supposed to have stayed on the bike and not come off with the windshield?

thanks

I have a GenI which has no gasket but if you got to Yamaha's on line parts catalog for GenII bikes HERE is part # 95 what your talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a Cee Bailey on mine and there was no gasket when I took the stock shield off. Is something they added on the 07 model ?

Guessing you don't need one..is that parts diagram the same as the 06 model?

KM

I have a GenI which has no gasket but if you got to Yamaha's on line parts catalog for GenII bikes HERE is part # 95 what your talking about?

close, I think its #96, I put a red arrow in the pic

https://dadfriedrich.googlepages.com/FJRgasket.jpg

Did you get a gasket or just put on without?

thanks
It installs without the foam pad.

Tony
Based on your signature, I am guessing you know this per yamaha, so thanks much for the post.

Kurt

When my C Baily came in without a gasket, I opted to make one out of the wrapping that the shield came in. Wasn't that hard, and adds "peace of mind". I don't think the gasket is actually needed tho.

'06FJR (Eurospec) i had before did not have the OEM gasket, the US spec '07 did have a gasket but it did not seem very necessary, my CalSci screen did not have a gasket, so fitted without one seems to work fine.

Thanks for all the data points. I ordered the part (Yamaha calls it a "seat") for a whopping $3! 3P6-2838G-00-00

Gotta figure they put it on the 07 small windshield for some good reason, they don't add parts and assembly complications for nothing. So I am going to stick one on my touring screen too.

Kurt