Isn't it cool when...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you get to chase a dynomax dully on a twisting country road at 110 and let him lead to clear all obstacles. Man those trucks will run.

... you're 3 days away from SFO, work is quiet (at the moment), which is good because your head is elsewhere, thinking about the 700+ mile day to get there, the riding you'll be doing in an area of the county you've never been, and riding Route 66 coming home...

What was the question again?

It's NOT cool when you get to the ferry landing at Crawford Bay north of Creston in Southern BC at the beginning of the three-day Canadian holiday equivalent of Independence Day, and the line of cages to the boat is a mile and a half long and you are told the wait is three hours. It IS VERY cool when you are then informed that ferry policy is "bikes go on first and come off first," utilizing those little pie shaped parking spaces at the curve of the bow which would otherwise be wasted space. It IS cool when you casually roll past those hundreds of cars to the front of the line and a small group of several other bikes who will all board in a few minutes. It is NOT cool when the next time you go back, the policy has changed and bikes wait in line with all the cage riff raff. It is NOT cool when it is explained the flawless logic that allowed bikes to go first has been discarded merely because cage drivers complained of the "unfairness" and got pissed off. So, logic is out, "fairness" is in. NOT cool.

It is cool when:

You finally get to make that once in a lifetime trip you have dreamed about since . . . .

You get on the bike for a day trip; stop at some unknown gas station, meet another Biker and . . . click.

Or find your way to this forum!

:yahoo:

BBQ

leaving the Navy Air Museum at Pensacola, there is a note on your seat from a fellow forum member (ya only joined less than a month ago), so ya leave ya card and handle on his '03 (don't have a clue what the colors or years are yet). Ya go to the forum and look up said handle, and pics of ya bike in the NAS parking lot are posted. Then a few PM's and emails later, ya riding the 250 miles to his home garage to take up his offer to install a AVCC...and then his drop dead ____ wife shows up...

AICW...you arrive home from a very fast day ride run over a favorite set of twisties, a few hundred miles or so of extra-legal speeds, DY passes and general scoff-lawish hooligan behavior with no LEO's in sight, only to log in to a local oriented forum and read how some friends rode the same route and encountered 8 LEO's in 3 separate speed traps handing out performance awards like confetti for license plate mounting, aftermarket pipes, turn signals and mirrors, and ignoring squads of HD's making more noise than a B-52 test running all 8 engines at Emergency War Power...AMHIK

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be bumping this thread when the Feej is all fixed, put back together and has finished it's first 900 mile day.

THEN I'll have a "Isn't it cool...." that beats any and all posted previously. :p

I'll be bumping this thread when the Feej is all fixed, put back together and has finished it's first 900 mile day.
THEN I'll have a "Isn't it cool...." that beats any and all posted previously. :p
Why don't you go start your own thread, like:

"Won't it be cool when..."

I could post some shit there....

Why don't you go start your own thread, like:

"Won't it be cool when..."

I could post some shit there....
It's Saturday afternoon.

Why-the-hell ain't you out ridin'?

I left Park City, UT, WFO, on Saturday night due to a family matter. As I drove west to Reno NV, I witnessed an amazing sunset. Hours later, I saw an amazing sunrise in my mirrors. It was difficult to focus on the road in front of me when I wanted to watch the mirrors.

Isn't it cool when: ...You're on your first long junkett on your brand new FeeJ doin' a little off the beaten path sightseeing, when the numbskull with the cell phone in his ear at the stop sign in front of you pulls a dumbass stunt that results in a tipover, and the first dings to your new pride & joy. You find yourself muttering expletives, ...but then almost immediately you are able to reconnect to your pre-incident consciousness and remind yourself that "the riding is awesome, the weather is beautiful, the scenery is stunning, you're on vacation, and you'll be damned if you're gonna let that moron & a bit of scratched plastic spoil your day"! You pick it up and ride off to find a quaint sidewalk cafe' on a picturesque local boulevarde, and treat yourself to a tasty repaste, a glass of the grape, & an hour or so of sitting in the sun watching local crumpetts on parade before continuing on your journey! Ahhh, ...Life Is Good!!!

Great thread Toe, Thanx!

...you are entering the on ramp and you can see from the angle of approach that there are cars and trucks on the highway, and you don't feel like "merging" you feel like simply being ahead of them, and you click into second and nail it and you go into hyperspeed for a few seconds and they are standing still while you step ahead of them, then you take off the Superman cape and re-join civilized society knowing there is nothing on the road you can't leave behind or get around if you think and know the capabilities of the personal bullet train you are sitting on. In the old cartoon days, Wile E. Coyote once purchased a ram jet engine with a pair of handlebars attached.... Kind of what it feels like sometimes.

Isn't cool when your riding on your favorite twisty road and checking your mirror you see a few ricky racers coming up fast and you just roll on the throttle, stick your knee, and after a few turns you don't see them behind you anymore?