Italian MotoGP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tech issue? I thought he made a racing error.
His bike stalled and he couldn't get it restarted.
I saw it as he was pushing hard to try to overtake Rossi, and made a mistake that cost him dearly. He's neither the first nor the last racer to do that; remember when Rossi did it in 2006, and opened the door for Hayden to win the championship?

After he crashed it. It did take a long time to get it restarted, though.
I don't know. It was so slow I just assumed he lost power mid curve. It barely even looked like a crash.

I saw it as he was pushing hard to try to overtake Rossi, and made a mistake that cost him dearly. He's neither the first nor the last racer to do that; remember when Rossi did it in 2006, and opened the door for Hayden to win the championship?

After he crashed it. It did take a long time to get it restarted, though.
I don't know. It was so slow I just assumed he lost power mid curve. It barely even looked like a crash.
From the slo-mo replay it looked as though the front end simply washed out when it hit the white line.

I wish I could say how this sort of incident occurs, but I have never been able to ride like that so I will never know. But after the joy watching MAGIC Marc has given me this year I am more than willing to for give him a millisecond lapse in concentration. This in no way lessons that great effort by Rossi, the season now looks very exciting.

I wish I could say how this sort of incident occurs, but I have never been able to ride like that so I will never know. But after the joy watching MAGIC Marc has given me this year I am more than willing to for give him a millisecond lapse in concentration. This in no way lessons that great effort by Rossi, the season now looks very exciting.
I sure can't argue that. The kid really is a hoot to watch. I obviously don't know what happened either, but I just noticed that he slid as soon as he hit that line. But, then, they hit those lines all the time. I just suspected he was right at the tipping point when the wheels touched the line.

Whatever it was that happened, it confirms something that has been whispered in dark alleys all around Europe: Marquez is indeed mortal.
bike.gif