Jake Wilson

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. But like Art, when I get a tire sale email from my tried and true vendor, I often click and buy. When I get an email from a random vendor, I usually delete. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fred W" data-cid="1407379" data-time="1539682879"><p>

You type in any one of their names and it redirects you to their one web site. I dont think their losing any business over names.</p></blockquote>

I don't complain about paying sales tax on online purchases.

The "State" however you define it, has to get their revenue from somewhere. In South Dakota's case, and it was our case that decided the issue for the country, The state collects 4% and the cities collect 2-3% sales tax. The cities don't receive any property tax revenue so the entire city budgets are based upon sales tax.

Can't bitch about the roads if you don't pay for them.

By avoiding the sales tax through making internet purchases we are screwing ourselves. JSNS

bigjohnsd posted: ..... Can't bitch about the roads if you don't pay for them.
Yessireebob! Love those cocktail parties where I hear complaints about taxes followed immediately by complaints about traffic congestion or potholes.

All of us have to pay more.....for better education, transport and health services. And that’s just for starters.

Can’t have multiple expensive homes, vacations, toys and do just what we want to, without some pain in order to make changes.

How did this turn into a tax thread?
blinksmiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.