Jeremy Clarkson on a hog

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that I had seen every Top Gear episode, including the two done in the US. When was this done?

I thought that I had seen every Top Gear episode, including the two done in the US. When was this done?
Me too, and I've never seen that one before.

That being said, BBC Canada aired a crap load of new ones last night back to back. My PVR got a workout! Watched the one where they drove beaters (a Merc, a Lancia and a.. Fiat?) across Botswana. HILARIOUS!

" If you run out of gas, you'll die,

If you car breaks down, you'll die,

if you run out of water, you'll die,

if you can't find shelter, you'll die."

I think the producers are trying to get them out of their contracts....

Might not have been a Top Gear (he's done other things from time to time, but don't know what else would have been in the states) or might have been an outtake.

Clarkson is rabidly anti-bike, hates the things, hates anything to do with them. Anybody's, not just Harleys. I was amazed to see him actually riding at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might not have been a Top Gear (he's done other things from time to time, but don't know what else would have been in the states) or might have been an outtake.
Clarkson is rabidly anti-bike, hates the things, hates anything to do with them. Anybody's, not just Harleys. I was amazed to see him actually riding at all!
Yup, he's even got an dvd coming out in Nov:

Apparently, he's been seen running around the island on a Vespa. But then again, Vespa's aren't scoots.

It may have added some credibility if he could actually ride the bike.

Dragging his feet from an easy start... He needs to stick to 4 wheels.

I can't begin to tell you how many people from THIS FORUM I saw doing just that at EOM. So many so that I actually asked a few guys WHY? Well, not dragging, but riding around the at any speed slower than a run. WTF!

Now, I'm not saying these guys can't ride. Far from it, most of the guys here are better riders than I am, so I guess I just hold them to a higher standard. But if I met somebody new who wanted to go for a ride and saw them do that, I'd be making a quick turn behind them.

I can't begin to tell you how many people from THIS FORUM I saw doing just that at EOM. So many so that I actually asked a few guys WHY? Well, not dragging, but riding around the at any speed slower than a run. WTF!

Now, I'm not saying these guys can't ride. Far from it, most of the guys here are better riders than I am, so I guess I just hold them to a higher standard. But if I met somebody new who wanted to go for a ride and saw them do that, I'd be making a quick turn behind them.
The only thing I can think of is they want to quickly make their boots have more street cred. :blink: :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree....

Feet draggers (except when coupled with 3 foot ape hangers.. Hahahahahaha!!) are a dead give away for fresh squid.

WW

There's a difference between Jeremy's feet-dragging and a guy with a sport bike background. Jeremy just plain doesn't know how to ride... which is maybe why he hates bikes, fear of the unknown. A lot of sport bikers keep both feet on or near the ground at slower speeds... doesn't mean they're poor riders. Mi dos centavos.

A lot of sport bikers keep both feet on or near the ground at slower speeds...
Ummm, why?

I can see it during a drag race type launch where you expect the rear wheel to get loose.

But for any standard speed launch, why use the "outriggers"?
...don't have a clue, just an observation. I bet they go through the boots/sneakers/flip flops in record time. Maybe they have stock in Sidi. :blink:

A lot of sport bikers keep both feet on or near the ground at slower speeds...
Ummm, why?

I can see it during a drag race type launch where you expect the rear wheel to get loose.

But for any standard speed launch, why use the "outriggers"?
...don't have a clue, just an observation. I bet they go through the boots/sneakers/flip flops in record time. Maybe they have stock in Sidi. :blink:

OK, gotcha. I was just wondering if I was missing something. I've always taken it as a sign of poor low speed handling skills. But maybe it's just an old habit that is hard to kick once you start? Luckily for me, and my riding boots, I never started that way.