Joseph K. Langdell October 12, 1914 - February 4, 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll call my Dad tonight. And this time, I won't be in a hurry to hang up.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Big John. Ride on, brother.

Very sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like he was an outstanding gentleman. Condolences to you and your family.

Fair Winds and Following Seas, may your father rest in peace with his shipmates.

My deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Prayers sent.

John you are a lucky man. To have had a father that you admired as you did your father, and to have him with you for so many years is a rare and wonderful thing. It is always sad to lose a loved one, but I hope your grief is eased by the memories you have of a remarkable American patriot and a great dad.

My sincerest condolences John. I feel honored that you shared your father with us here, allowing us to learn something of both the man and our country. I hope the upcoming days go as well as they can for you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell John the right words always escape me at moments like this. Obviously you are a proud Son and a lucky man to have had him for so long.

I've read a number of your posts and would bet he was a proud Father as well. Their is something special about the men and women of his era.

I took my Father In Law to the shooting range last Thursday as he had bought himself a new pistol for his 92nd birthday.

John sorry to hear,I read what you posted a while back. It was truly moving. May he rest in peace.

John, I want to thank you for sharing your Dads' story on the forum. This might sound funny, but I felt proud to "know" your Pop through this forum. The good life I have in this great country is a direct result of the actions and sacrifices made by the people like your Dad that make up the "Greatest Generation".

I salute your Dad and send you my heartfelt condolences.

I know it hurts to lose him, a hundred years is an amazing lifetime. The changes he witnessed during his life were quite the adventure, and his contribution quite a legacy. May we all live such a life rich with experiences and enriched by so many people.

My deepest condolences as well. May he rest in peace. Thanks for sharing about your dad. As a WWII buff, I would have loved to have sat and talked with him. I'm going to see my dad in FLA in 10 days. He'll be 83 in March, a Navy man as well and sonar operator on a tin can during Korea. Peace and comfort to you and your family.

Sincere condolences to you and your family John. Your dad must have lived a very good life to go through that experience in war and live to 100 years old. God be with you and your family in these difficult times. Thanks for sharing his story.