"Jumping" FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4th easy thing - are both tires mounted directionally correct?
-Steve

And the tire is mounted directionally on the rim and the rim directionally on the bike.

These are easy things to check without having to take it to a shop. Just look for the arrows. It's almost required that to own a bike you need to do a little wrenching yourself.

Assuming it's not an out of round tire, then I think the problem is 2 different brands of tires. Different tire construction or aspect ratios can cause interesting handling problems.
Understood. Will consult further with the mechanic,

And the tire is mounted directionally on the rim and the rim directionally on the bike.

These are easy things to check without having to take it to a shop. Just look for the arrows. It's almost required that to own a bike you need to do a little wrenching yourself.
I agree and have already earlier done what suggested.

It has all the indications of a huge balance problem. I have had this where the bike best described as "grumbles" as the speed increases. I used Dyna Beads to solve the issue as they adjust as the tire wears. For new tires I static balance and then add Dyna Beads to trim any minor out of balance. The ride is smooth from start to any speed you want to go for the life of the tires. Hope this helps.

It has all the indications of a huge balance problem. I have had this where the bike best described as "grumbles" as the speed increases. I used Dyna Beads to solve the issue as they adjust as the tire wears. For new tires I static balance and then add Dyna Beads to trim any minor out of balance. The ride is smooth from start to any speed you want to go for the life of the tires. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. I´ll discuss also this alternative with the mechanic next week.

Latest posts