June 10 - Newcomb's Ranch.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdog109socal

The Video Dude
Reaction score
Well it looks like June 10th we are headed to Newcombs ranch.. All are welcome to join or meet us there. going to be some nice ridinh through the Crest.

Im starting out at Carls. Jr on Victoria about 1/2 mile north of 101/Victoria in Ventura. We will be leave 9am sharp.

More details to follow as we get closer to June 10th

Jdog

I have not heard the route but this ride is a go.. We will be meeting this Sunday June 10th around 8:30 ish and Leave 9:00am Sharp. From the Carls Jr on Victoria in Ventura, It about 1/2 north of 101 hwy. Should hit Newcombs Ranch by 1:00 pm.

Jeff

I have not heard the route but this ride is a go.. We will be meeting this Sunday June 10th around 8:30 ish and Leave 9:00am Sharp. From the Carls Jr on Victoria in Ventura, It about 1/2 north of 101 hwy. Should hit Newcombs Ranch by 1:00 pm.
Jeff
I'm thinking Roy will take us out 126 to Canyon Land and wiggle our way (Bouquet/Spunky/Soledad/Etc) to Angeles Forest Hwy or Big T and onto the Crest. :dntknw:

Here be the latest info from Roy who will be leading this steel horse rodeo:

Hello Everyone,

Our ride this Sunday on June 10 will take us to Newcomb's in the San Gabriel Mountains. We leave the Ventura Carl's Jr. at 9 am and will stop in Camarillo at the Mobil on Pleasant Valley south of the 101 at 9:15 to pick up riders. This is just a pick up so when you see us please be ready to take off. We will take 118 to the 210 and take a fuel break in La Canada at around 10:10 before we ride up the mountain. If anyone from Simi and beyond is going please email me so I can plan a pick up stop for you. We might also ride to the top of Mt. Wilson if it's clear and see the magnifcent view of SoCal.

Jdog

Here be the latest info from Roy who will be leading this steel horse rodeo:
Hello Everyone,

Our ride this Sunday on June 10 will take us to Newcomb's in the San Gabriel Mountains. We leave the Ventura Carl's Jr. at 9 am and will stop in Camarillo at the Mobil on Pleasant Valley south of the 101 at 9:15 to pick up riders. This is just a pick up so when you see us please be ready to take off. We will take 118 to the 210 and take a fuel break in La Canada at around 10:10 before we ride up the mountain. If anyone from Simi and beyond is going please email me so I can plan a pick up stop for you. We might also ride to the top of Mt. Wilson if it's clear and see the magnifcent view of SoCal.

Jdog

All interstate? Hmmmmm, I'll have to find my wiggly way home after lunch, then.

Let me know when you'll be at the 210 & 2.
Barry and I are gonna ride up and meet them in Ventura if you wanna join us?

Richard
I was planning on going. Can I meet up with you in the morning for the ride up to Ventura. I think I still have your address so I could drive over to your house. What time would you be leaving.

Let me know when you'll be at the 210 & 2.
Barry and I are gonna ride up and meet them in Ventura if you wanna join us?

Richard
I was planning on going. Can I meet up with you in the morning for the ride up to Ventura. I think I still have your address so I could drive over to your house. What time would you be leaving.
Glenn i should be leaving here (to meet barry at the 405 ) at around 7-10am.

can you handle that?

R

All interstate? Hmmmmm, I'll have to find my wiggly way home after lunch, then.
You could always jump off the 210 in Sunland and take Big Tujunga up the back way. Nice wiggly's going that way. :yahoo:

Everyone be careful. Last time I was up there the Sheriff was hanging out in unmarked SUV sitting on the tail gate with a Radar gun just as you come around a corner. :dribble: Nice little surprise... :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of joining in on the fun. Which gas station at the bottom of the Crest will be the fuel point prior to going up? What time roughly will you guys be there?

Thinking of joining in on the fun. Which gas station at the bottom of the Crest will be the fuel point prior to going up? What time roughly will you guys be there?

I sent TWN a note I'd be at the Shell station @ ~ 10:00. LAroo & I will be at Hill Street Cafe ~9-9:15 for breakfast if your interested.

I will try to make breakfast. I am meeting my brother to give him some Dodger tickets. Otherwise I will be at the Shell station at 10ish. I may bring the wife along.

I’m going to try and ride up to Newcombs if I feel ok. I’ll see you up there between 11-12. I’m going to take the “wiggly” route up Big Tujunga and the back way. :yahoo: I’m meeting a couple friends and leaving the Chevron on Roxford and the I-5 about 9:30. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

I sent TWN a note I'd be at the Shell station @ ~ 10:00. LAroo & I will be at Hill Street Cafe ~9-9:15 for breakfast if your interested.
I'm gonna guess we'll be along 1020 - 1030ish. I'll give you a call when we depart Ventura.

@Richard,

It'll be good to see you! Hope you are well enough to ride.