Just got my '06 givi V46 mounting bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioFJR1300

Reaction score
My dealer called today, my bracket for my Givi V46 top box is in. Picked it up and put it on. Fits great :yahoo: Glad to have my top box back. :clapping: All I need now is the top panel that is painted to match the '06. But the one I have was on my '05 so it'sa close match.

My dealer called today, my bracket for my Givi V46 top box is in. Picked it up and put it on. Fits great :yahoo: Glad to have my top box back. :clapping: All I need now is the top panel that is painted to match the '06. But the one I have was on my '05 so it'sa close match.
Got pics or a part number or is it on the web site? I'm interested in how it attaches

Mike

It mounts on the same bolts as the oiginal rack. I'll post some pics tonight. Here is what Givi sent me when I emailed them and asked about the 06 bracket" SR357 $142.00 specific hardware rack for the 06 model." So it is a different part number.

Here are some pics

2006FJRGivibox013.jpg

2006FJRGivibox014.jpg

2006FJRGivibox012.jpg

2006FJRGivibox018.jpg

2006FJRGivibox019.jpg

2006FJRGivibox021.jpg

Sorry for the size, this is my first time posting photos here and I'm still trying to figure out the fine points. ;)

Thanks for the pics, it's not what I thought at all. I thought it just mounted to the stock rack. I like it more than I thought I would. I went to Americade today and spoke with the Givi folks, I'll be picking mine up on Thursday.

I'm interested in some pics of your cockpit if you wouldn't mind. I have a GPS mounted temporarily right now. I just bought an XM and I believe the same mount you have.

Thanks again,

Mike

Mike, I'll have to wait for the weekend to snap a few pics of the cockpit. My wife uses my Garmin 2610 all week and I can't get it from her until the weekend. Just FYI, I'm still working on the dash area as you may be able to tell by the bundle of wires going to my tank bag. I plan to put a fuse and ground block under the seat and re wire things a bit some time soon. Did Givi say when they expect to have the 2006 color matched panel for their box available? My dealer can not get an answer from them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I'll have to wait for the weekend to snap a few pics of the cockpit. My wife uses my Garmin 2610 all week and I can't get it from her until the weekend. Just FYI, I'm still working on the dash area as you may be able to tell by the bundle of wires going to my tank bag. I plan to put a fuse and ground block under the seat and re wire things a bit some time soon. Did Givi say when they expect to have the 2006 color matched panel for their box available? My dealer can not get an answer from them?
I have the 2610 myself. I didn't ask about the panel because I don't want one but I will try to remember on Thur.

I placed a aux fuse box on the back of the glove box. I wanted to keep the space under the seat open for my air pump, tire repair and tools. I used a pos only and there is a nice unused tapped hole nearby for the ground.

Also and FYI for those reading this. Givi rep said they brought 20 of these to the country and have 3 left and I bought one so that makes 2. He could be blowing smoke but just thought I would mention it.

Mike

From the pictures, the seating position for the passenger looks like they set up pretty straight. Is there any adjustment in the Givi rack system so you can move the box back a little so the passenger can lean back? If so how much adjustment is there? My wife is use to leaning back on our GL1800, not sure she'd like this straight up position.

My wife is use to leaning back on our GL1800, not sure she'd like this straight up position.
Funny you should say that. I too have a GL1800 and my wife loves to ride on it with me. She has been on the FJR for about 20 miles total, says its "okay, but it is not a GoldWing". She has no desire to ride on the FJR. So I have not really looked into moving the Givi box back to allow more room for the passenger.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is use to leaning back on our GL1800, not sure she'd like this straight up position.
Funny you should say that. I too have a GL1800 and my wife loves to ride on it with me. She has been on the FJR for about 20 miles total, says its "okay, but it is not a GoldWing". She has no desire to ride on the FJR. So I have not really looked into moving the Givi box back to allow more room for the passenger.
Mike,

I see your in Valley City, I'm in Mentor so where not that far away. I heard your going down to the EOM meeting in Sept. I hope it works out that we can ride down together. Do you ever go down to bike night at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Valley View on Wednesdays? Maybe we could arrange to meet down there some night. Let me know!

From the pictures, the seating position for the passenger looks like they set up pretty straight. Is there any adjustment in the Givi rack system so you can move the box back a little so the passenger can lean back? If so how much adjustment is there? My wife is use to leaning back on our GL1800, not sure she'd like this straight up position.
I mounted my Givi rack last night; I have a Maxia E52 with a backrest, integrated brake lights, and a trunk rack from my previous bike that I wanted to put on this one. I took my girlfriend out for lunch today and we rode around a while. There is very little back-to-front adjustment to be made with this rack (much less so than the wingrack I used on my Thunderbird), about 1-2 centimeters or so that the bolts can slide in their oval mounting holes. I 'spose you could always use a dremmel to lengthen the bolt holes a bit if you wanted a bit more room, but there is an absolute limit to how long you could make the holes. Anyway, I had the GF sit on the back last night while I switched between the bag being all the way back, then all the way forward in the mounting holes, and she thought she wanted it all the way back. Today, however, after riding around for 45 minutes or so, she said this had her leaning back a bit too far, and she requested that I move the bracket forward as far as possible; I'll do this and let you know if it makes any difference.

I see your in Valley City, I'm in Mentor so where not that far away. I heard your going down to the EOM meeting in Sept. I hope it works out that we can ride down together. Do you ever go down to bike night at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Valley View on Wednesdays? Maybe we could arrange to meet down there some night. Let me know!
I've been to Valley View a few times. I'll keep that in mind and drop you a note and see if we can set something up to meet at bike nite.

Rick

Ohio FJR,

I got my rack today. Givi Rep said that the Painted lids will be here the end of July. They will be for the 46L only.

Mike

Looks really good. Now that Givi is off the mark, has anyone heard anything about Shad releasing their rack?

Hmmmmmmmmm?

Very good pictures. I'm considering ordering the Givi V52 top box. From the pictures it looks like I might have a problem using that SR-357 mount with a Corbin Smuggler I just ordered. The smugger opens from the rear and sits a lot higher than the factory seat in the pictures.

Things that make you say "Hmmmmmmm".