Just Picked Up My New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the buy! What was your OTD price (minus taxes, title, extended warranty, service contracts)?
I picked up a new VStrom 1000 from Honda Toledo East in 2006--it was agreed via phone, with papers overnited to/from Colorado (so they could sell it and count it "this month" rather than next). Painless, quick, all as agreed over the phone, and the bike was ready at the date/time I showed up.
OTD price inludes everything, taxes and anything else. But if you want to know the price before taxes...I paid $15,672.00 for my ES
Wow, great deal Joe! That's about what I paid for my A.

Congrats on your new ride tjcin! Welcome to the madness forum.

Great price Joe. Like Bellerophon, that's about what I gave for my A too. Think you could pull that off with your dealer a second time?

Was able to fight the weather and rack up 60 miles on it this weekend. Packed it in the trailer yesterday and arrived safely home about 1/2 hour ago. Too tired to unload the bike tonight, it will have to wait until tomorrow. Weekend weather looks good right now!

Congrats on your new ride tjcin! Welcome to the madness forum.
Great price Joe. Like Bellerophon, that's about what I gave for my A too. Think you could pull that off with your dealer a second time?
I see that you are from just outside Dallas--this is the first I've heard of someone in Texas getting a '16 model. Are you hearing about any more arriving? My dealer in the Austin area still can't get any information from Yamaha on when my ES will arrive (ordered as soon as possible in February) and was asking me if I had heard of any deliveries yet in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to get a deal on a '15 as well. After speaking to several dealers, I'm not surprised there are so many available. Maybe I'll wait till closer to the end of '16 and they'll want to move them. Or should I speak to D&H and go '16..... :)

Don't know where you are FJR, but Honda East Toledo still has a 15a listed on their website. Their price only had $95 doc fee and I believe a &16 tag fee.

Breyley Yamaha in North Royalton, OH also has a 15A on the floor...I'm sure they would be willing to deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked the dealer where I got mine last year and they have a '15 A model for $13,499 and a '15 ES for $14,399. Not sure if that's really that great of a deal... exactly a year ago I got my '14 A model for $2k less than that - although I'm pretty sure Yamaha had some rebates going on at the time.