Just wanted to offer "Thanx!" one more time. . .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beacher

Reaction score
The temps got all the way up to 34• today, and it was dry, so with some trepidation, (NOT a fan of the cold!) I took the FJR out for the first time in 3 weeks, and just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate you all helping me decide on this bike, after "dithering" for about a year. It still surprises me how much protection the fairing gives you, and what a pleasure it is to ride, even in weather that I never would have even thought about taking the Seca out in.

Happy New Year, y'all!

A few of us ventured outside on a 38 degree morning to ride with some friends....Lookie Here! Of course, it did warm up to 50 by lunch time!

And, yes, many of us still giggle, laugh and smile when we see our FJRs in the garage, or patiently waiting for us after work.

:yahoo: :yahoo: It's GOOD to be an FJR owner! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The temps got all the way up to 34• today, and it was dry, so with some trepidation, (NOT a fan of the cold!) I took the FJR out for the first time in 3 weeks, and just wanted to tell you all how much I appreciate you all helping me decide on this bike, after "dithering" for about a year. It still surprises me how much protection the fairing gives you, and what a pleasure it is to ride, even in weather that I never would have even thought about taking the Seca out in.
Happy New Year, y'all!
You must have missed the snow on your ride. I still had crusty snow on the ground in Bonney Lake and my wife reported that it was snowing on the hill in Puyallup. Luckily it warmed considerably overnight and started raining hard so I was able to ride into work today only to find that the SEATAC airport area had lots of snow fall yesterday. There was still slush in the center of the lanes and the parking lot at work was treacherous (it's really hard to back a FJR into a parking slot when slush limits boot traction and stops tires from rolling :dribble: )

Temps above freezing and lots of rain this week should make for rideable conditions. Hope to see ya on the road!

I was already for a putt the other day and woke up to 4 more inches of snow. shit. I spent the time buying some Gerbing gloves and jacket liner. Should be in the high 40's later this week and if I can get out of the driveway, I'm gone.

it's really hard to back a FJR into a parking slot when slush limits boot traction and stops tires from rolling
I second that. Almost laid it down in my driveway the other day because of slush. Can't even imagine what your access road is like Harald, that's quite an incline!

Things are fine here in Edmonds, but where I work in Bothell is another story. I'm so ready for this white crap to go away!

You bastards and your cool, comfortable weather!!!

It was 85 here this afternoon, an y'all KNOW how hot an '04 is on the left leg.

Phuquers!!!! :fuck:

We will have a high of 65 degrees and sunny tomorrow so we are definitely in the middle of a cold winter this year. :grin:

Well, we got rid of the snow, BIG TIME, but we had 3 1/2" of rain today, and they are closing I5 in a bunch of places; we just can't seem to catch a break here! Some landslides behind the houses, and City Light (power company) decided to shut off our "juice" at 4 a.m. this morning; very considerate, and, yes, we have paid our utility bills! Generators come in very handy, sometimes. :D But, the weather man says that we'll have a small amount of sun, maybe, on Friday, in which case, I'll be out and about on 2 (if the hillside stays where it belongs)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanna trade no power for flooded roads?

Two roads that I commute on daily are completely under water (HWY 410 and McCutcheon Rd) and another is closed due to landslide (Jovita Blvd). This forces everyone onto available routes and makes for a horrendous commute (double the normal time)! :angry2: Here's a nice video of the road downhill from my house Clicky here for flood video Does anyone offer a jetski conversion for the FJR? :lol: Luckily I'm high enough not to worry about flooding and there's an alternate route around this road. If they predict water rising to my house, I'm building an ARK!