• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

KFG Racing / GP Suspension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
**No affiliation** Received the email this afternoon and passing along the savings! Great time to pick up a Penske at great pricing.

--G

KFG RACING

Small Business Saturday - November 28th 10am-6pm, One Day Only Sale! Small..... is the new black!

KFG BUCKS ARE Back! For every $100 you buy - get $20 back!, Buy $1000 - get $200 back. NO LIMIT! Buy now and use anytime from now until the end of 2016. Good for service, parts, apparel, EVERYTHING!

OR

25% OFF All Products & Service!

Offer is going on one day only Saturday 11/28. GET SUM! GET SUM! *Not valid on any jobs currently in process*

Thanks. I was hoping that they would do this again this year. Looks like there may be a Penske shock in my stocking this Christmas.
punk.gif

Thanks for the heads up. Followed link to the website but how the heck do I get individual items to display?

Thanks for the heads up. Followed link to the website but how the heck do I get individual items to display?
I had the same difficulty. I don't see that their website is yet equipped to take orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self...Group buy 15% is not the best deal.

OTOH shock and springs should be here early next week.

I just called KFG and ordered a Penske 8983 (normally $950 + freight) set up for my weight for $712 + $25 shipping. Expect it to get here in 2-3 weeks which is great since I'll have some extra time around Christmas to swap it out with the stocker.

Thanks for the heads up escapefjrtisit.

**No affiliation** Received the email this afternoon and passing along the savings! Great time to pick up a Penske at great pricing.

--G

KFG RACING

Small Business Saturday - November 28th 10am-6pm, One Day Only Sale! Small..... is the new black!

KFG BUCKS ARE Back! For every $100 you buy - get $20 back!, Buy $1000 - get $200 back. NO LIMIT! Buy now and use anytime from now until the end of 2016. Good for service, parts, apparel, EVERYTHING!

OR

25% OFF All Products & Service!

Offer is going on one day only Saturday 11/28. GET SUM! GET SUM! *Not valid on any jobs currently in process*
Artist, thanks for sharing this. Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. So I picked up a Penske 8983 and fork springs. I couldn't quite swing a re-valve or their full replacement kit for the forks.

I haven't found the stock suspension that bad. But I've got a two up long distance trip coming up this spring/summer, and I just couldn't see doing it with the bike terribly under sprung. I'm really looking forward to trying the new suspension.

I haven't found the stock suspension that bad. But I've got a two up long distance trip coming up this spring/summer, and I just couldn't see doing it with the bike terribly under sprung. I'm really looking forward to trying the new suspension.
Just wait until you get everything dialed in.... You'll soon realize how crappy the stock suspension really is compared to a complete custom setup for your weight and performance needs.... you'll find yourself alot more cozy and pushing things quite a bit harder then you could with the stock suspenders.

Congrats....

FWIW - the Penske Double Clicker for the FZ-09 was closer to $1k with the special banjo fittings for the tight quarters on a smaller machine...

You're welcome everyone, glad y'all were able to save a few dollars!

I picked up a Penske and an extra spring for my Tenere a couple years ago when the 25% off sale was going on. The savings were nice!

I would recommend that folks watch their delivery dates and promptly follow-up if things don't arrive when promised...JS'NS

--G