LAAM Ordering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my Lamm seat.

I originally was going to send my seat out in June and then decided to hold back. After a pain full ride to Leavenworth, Moses Lake and back to the Puget Sound I knew I had to get a different seat if I was going to really enjoy some good riding. It was a much faster turn around than I expected. Prior to the build (Same Day as the build) Seth called me. Seth Lamm was very easy to talk with on the phone, very customer oriented. I was truly impressed. I originally wanted the basket weave material and Seth explained how many customers complained after getting the seat with this material because they slide around on the seat to much, that the material is very slick. He suggested the Carbon fiber which I agreed on. He explained what he could do with my seat for my size, height and weight.

Time line:

I sent my seat out via UPS on July 1st and it reach Seth on July 6th do to the holiday. Seth tried to call me July 26th and 27th but I was out of town. I called back the afternoon of the 27th and Seth called me Thursday morning the 28th. After our phone discussion Seth built my seat, called me back in the afternoon, I paid for the seat and he shipped it out the same afternoon. I received the seat August first via UPS. If I were home to receive his first call I could have received my seat July 29th. I was really expecting a longer turn around from stories I had heard. I am really impressed with the seat and I am looking forward to getting out on the road and seeing how it feels. You all know the stock seat is nothing but a pain in the ass after a 1.5 to 2.0 hour ride.
I do not know when Seth Lamm's busy season is, but I am happy with what I consider a quick turn around. I have nothing but good things to say about my seat and dealing with Seth.

Mine arrived 7/9. They confirmed arrival but no build call yet. I'm very happy with my Yamaha comfort seat, but remain curious about the potential increased comfort from a laam. Time will tell.

Pictures of my new Seth Lamm seat. Carbon Fiber.

20160802_102241_zps7gzr5vlw.jpg
20160802_102255_zpswsxqcqbc.jpg
20160802_102225_zpsjdhthdvb.jpg

Mine arrived 7/9. They confirmed arrival but no build call yet. I'm very happy with my Yamaha comfort seat, but remain curious about the potential increased comfort from a laam. Time will tell.
After a breakin period, it does very well. I think griff used it on his 48CC and his heaven to hell ride...and if you follow his nafo spot, he is still a long way from home.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
After a breakin period, it does very well. I think griff used it on his 48CC and his heaven to hell ride...and if you follow his nafo spot, he is still a long way from home.
smile.png
They do break-in nicely...Mine just keeps getting better

Seth called yesterday. Tracking sent. You have no idea how weird it was to be talking seat details and spending $400 on a seat for a bike that hasn't been rideable in months and probably won't be for quite a while yet.

Last edited by a moderator: