Larger Rear Tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would put a smaller one on.

With a smaller rear, the FJR will handle better, you'll have more traction, get better fuel mileage, and it will be faster.

I would put a smaller one on.
With a smaller rear, the FJR will handle better, you'll have more traction, get better fuel mileage, and it will be faster.

I thought about that also but i think i want to go for more of a customized look. And i have been looking at some other bikes and like the larger looking signature from the back. Thnx for the response .

:yahoo:
I've got it too, but haven't had the cash to let the fever hurt too bad.

Just keep the pics coming of everything you do!
I know right . I posted a link to whree i installed my new beowulf cans . I love the deep growl that it gave it. Here is the link if you want to hear them

Does anyone know if you can put a larger wider rear tire on the FJR?
I think there was a post where someone squeezed on a 190. I wouldn't bother though....it won't change your handling (perhaps a bit worse), and it won't look any bigger (only you will know). Just go get yourself a custom chopper with a 300 on the rear :glare:

I put a 5.5 rear wheel from a FZR 1000 on my FJ 1200 with a 190 tire-along with Works shock and fork rebuild-transformed the bike.. As far as the FJR goes I just put a 190 spec PR2 on which is 3mm narrower[187 mm] than the 180 Bridgestone 020 that I took off[190mm]. Also just put a 180 PR2 on my friends Blackbird with a 5.5 rim and that tire is 183mm wide. Only Rossi would notice the difference in width..

Due to circumstances not relevant here I am currently riding on a 190/50 PR2 rear.

Turn-in is noticibly heavier. "Hard" setting and reduced rebound in the rear shock

along with reduced preload and compresion damping along with increased rebound

in the fork helped about 80-90 % but handling still isn't crisp.

I am also experiencing what I would call "bump-steer" which is making it difficult

to hold a steady line in bumpy or rough corners.

When this tire is done it will be replaced with a 180/55 already waiting in the wings.

From my experience I would have to give a thumbs down to the 190/50.

I would put a smaller one on with little kitties like I have on my bike.

Go Really Small with White Walls & little Pussy Cats cut in the tread.

These are Really Super Fast

Picture%201_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
talking about a motorcycle tire not car tire
Why NOT a car tire? :evil:
Hey....you...car tire guy! Back in your own thread! We offer you a very roomy place to prattle on about them...you don't need to be coming over to this neighborhood. Let's keep this NEPRT subject about wider MOTORCYCLE tires please.

Thanks.

Ig

Last edited by a moderator: