Last long ride for 2009

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get to Klamath Falls go a little farther north and do the loop around Crater lake. If you haven't seen it before its worth the time. Hwy 66 going to Ashland is a fun road as are most of the roads in the Cascades. If you get any farther north give a shout 541-536-8556.

Consider taking Hwy 66 (Green Springs Hwy) from Ashland to K. Falls. It runs between I-5 and 97 and has some sweet twisty turns as you climb up the hill from Ashland. It's a lot more fun going east towards K. Falls, so think about heading that way on the way up and take 97 on the way south.

And +1 on Ray's suggestion of visiting Crater Lake while you're there. In addition to the beautiful scenery you'd have a great chance at seeing bald eagles (I've seen them almost every trip I take through the K. Falls area).

Just did this ride from Chico, Labor day wknd. Killer B&B in klammath https://www.devonridge.com/

We left Chico, went up 5 to Medford, cut off on Hwy 62 to diamond lake resort. Spent the night then south to Klamath. Spent the night and went to Crater lake, took the rim road. Enjoyed the wind and a bit of rain. Back down to the b&b and home the next day. Was a great time. Beautiful as well...

If you get to Klamath Falls go a little farther north and do the loop around Crater lake. If you haven't seen it before its worth the time. Hwy 66 going to Ashland is a fun road as are most of the roads in the Cascades. If you get any farther north give a shout 541-536-8556.

Thanks for the tips!

Consider taking Hwy 66 (Green Springs Hwy) from Ashland to K. Falls. It runs between I-5 and 97 and has some sweet twisty turns as you climb up the hill from Ashland. It's a lot more fun going east towards K. Falls, so think about heading that way on the way up and take 97 on the way south.
And +1 on Ray's suggestion of visiting Crater Lake while you're there. In addition to the beautiful scenery you'd have a great chance at seeing bald eagles (I've seen them almost every trip I take through the K. Falls area).

Then that's what I'll do! Really looking forward to it!