Leg Burn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He only has two posts on the forum - hmmm. Something doesn't look right.
no.gif

I bruised the shit out my shin once whacking the newly-installed trailer hitch on one of my cars one day. It had never interfered with my access to the trunk before, then one day after adding the hitch the damn thing nearly crippled me.

And yet it never occurred to me to warn all my new friends not to walk into hard steel objects.......

So you pretty much were a dumb ass then Walt??

I'd godamn feel for you but.. since the forum has changed the last few years all I can do is laugh and call you a dumb ass..Open yer fukin eyes next time ya fukin toad.
Don't take it personal though.I'm an equal opportunity dik here.

Well, I was wondering about his/her avatar, and now I know. Looks painful.

Burned my ankle on an RD 400 exhaust back in 1979, but think it would be pretty hard to do on a FJR with luggage installed -- even in shorts and barefoot.

The guy is talking about an FJR, not some cruiser. The "AC" indicates it is an A (not an ES), and I guess it is a California model even though he says he is in Oregon.

3rd Gen FJRs have a heat shield on the right side pipe just ahead of the muffler.

IMG_0561.jpg

I don't remember seeing that shield on any 2nd Gens and I know the 1st Gens don't have one.

For some reason (maybe to allow more clearance for the center stand?) they do not have one on the left side.

IMG_0562.jpg

And yeah... exhaust pipes do get hot. :forehead slap:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say exactly where the burn is located but my riding boots protect me most of the way up to my shin.

I've burned my leg halfway to the bone on my R75. My fault for wearing short pants. Never managed to burn myself on the FJR, centerstand or otherwise.

The rubber top of the footpegs appears different from my '04. Lots of thin tall lugs running front to back. Also the chunk-of-metal ballast underneath the front pegs has been removed.

I read somewhere they had reduced the vibration profile of the pegs.

Rubber top might be a worthwhile upgrade for my '04.

The rubber top of the footpegs appears different from my '04. Lots of thin tall lugs running front to back. Also the chunk-of-metal ballast underneath the front pegs has been removed.
I read somewhere they had reduced the vibration profile of the pegs.

Rubber top might be a worthwhile upgrade for my '04.
Off topic, We are learning how not to barbeque flesh here.
winksmiley02.gif

Good upgrade though,

Dave

I am guessing that is his lower leg (calf) not his thigh. He said he had taken his riding pants off. I assumed this happened after he was done riding?

One question that remains is, did the OP burn his leg while trying to raise the bike to the center stand whilst seated on the bike? (inside of calf) Or did he do it from alongside the bike? Maybe he did it while facing forwards and burned the outside of his calf? Of course this is all speculation until (if?) he ever posts back.

I have always stood on the side facing towards the bike (not facing forwards) and put my right foot on the center stand pedal. In that position my leg is pretty far away from the hot pipe.

The picture looked like his thigh to me as well, not sure how in hell you could burn your thigh though.

The OP's pic looks like a thigh with the burn. How in hell do you get your thigh down to the exhaust ???
I thought it was his thigh at first, but after studying the picture I think it is his shin.

I can see how you could cook your shin on the hot pipe but not while raising the bike onto the center stand.