like is good

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edjo69

Reaction score
Valves check, none were out, new cam chain tensioner, soaked clutch plates and new gasket, new plugs, new rear diff oil, flushed and filled brake and clutch lines, new radiator fluid, throttle body synch and a minor tweak to my map via a few dyno runs. I also put on PAIR block off plates and a set of Pazzo levers. She is all set for the next season for sure, tip-top. Now I just need my radar dector back from Valentine and I am good to go, time to play in the canyons :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Valves check, none were out, new cam chain tensioner, soaked clutch plates and new gasket, new plugs, new rear diff oil, flushed and filled brake and clutch lines, new radiator fluid, throttle body synch and a minor tweak to my map via a few dyno runs. I also put on PAIR block off plates and a set of Pazzo levers. She is all set for the next season for sure, tip-top. Now I just need my radar dector back from Valentine and I am good to go, time to play in the canyons :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Now can you come do all that to mine??? ;)

I Just changed the oil. :)

.....new cam chain tensioner.....
At 28K miles? :blink: :blink:

Enquiring minds want to know.....

Was your cam chain noisy? Or was it just a "why the hell not" decision for sanity's sake?

It was a "why the hell not" decision. I must say too that she is quieter, but I am almost 100% sure its the placebo affect. I had just completed a long trip I felt she was in need of some shiny new bits and a few of "peace of mind" bits as well.

It was a "why the hell not" decision. I must say too that she is quieter, but I am almost 100% sure its the placebo affect. I had just completed a long trip I felt she was in need of some shiny new bits and a few of "peace of mind" bits as well.
Thanks for the reply. I had read here on the forum two instances of CCTs being replace at unusually low miles....1 at 15K and another around 7.5K and was wondering just how piss-poor a design these Yammy tensioners REALLY are.

Your 28K set off an alarm bell.

But good on ya for being a diligent owner. :)