Location of 2009 CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
At CFO 2008 last weekend the participants discussed the potential locations for the CFO in 2009. Three areas were identified.

If you are considering attending CFO in 2009, please vote on one of the locations. If you have another area in mind, let us know in a reply to this message.

UPDATE: December 3, 2008

The poll is closed, since the location of CFO has been determined:

La Crosse, Wisc.

September 17-20, 2009

More information will be at the CFO web site when we get closer to the date.

CFO Web Site

[SIZE=14pt]See You There![/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsin

But I'm biased, I've got a lady friend that lives just south in Ill B)

I vote SW WI. My main reason is that I can get there, and home in about a total of 3 hours, and that is if I drag my feet.

A quick review of the member map shows that there are about 115 members within 175 miles of southwest Wisconsin, depending on the exact location.

I voted N. MN jus cause nobody else has....

OK, I'm the oddball. So what's new?

I didn't go to CFO this year 'cause I've been there done that too many times. (SD)

Not knowing much about MN or WI, I'm hoping to get a cuss an' discuss goin bout whichuns better.

What's the scoop? :dntknw:

I'd say rat now WI's kickin butt.....

A quick review of the member map shows that there are about 115 members within 175 miles of southwest Wisconsin, depending on the exact location.
If we get 50% of that number it will be an impressive showing. I could go to SW WI...it's closer to me now :)
OK, what's the scoop on S. WI? :dntknw:

Sell me ta go... Come on...Not 'cause it's closer...Do they have any curvy paved roads up there?

Inquiring minds want to know.... :)

If we get 50% of that number it will be an impressive showing. I could go to SW WI...it's closer to me now :)

Sell me ta go... Come on...Not 'cause it's closer...Do they have any curvy paved roads up there?

Yeah...its curvy...lots of good sweepers and a few twisties. Good scenery in spots.

But its been there in 2005 and 2006.

The roads are curvy and fun down in S. Missouri as well.

2008Hooterville.jpg

I voted N. MN jus cause nobody else has....OK, I'm the oddball. So what's new?

I didn't go to CFO this year 'cause I've been there done that too many times. (SD)

Not knowing much about MN or WI, I'm hoping to get a cuss an' discuss goin bout whichuns better.

What's the scoop? :dntknw:

I'd say rat now WI's kickin butt.....
You've been to the Blackhills too many times? I didn't think that was possible :blink:

N MN is a nice area to visit, lots to see and do but the hard core technical riding is few and far between. The roads that are more technical up there are longer and in better shape than most of the SW WI roads. A lot of N MN has less traffic except around the tourist centers. We could do a SS1K around Lake Superior.

SW WI has tons of twisty little roads almost every roads south of I-90 is paved. There's a lot of farming going on so there's the occasional road hazard and a bit more traffic. There's good riding into N IA and SE MN. Wisconsin has the Forevertron.

Personally I can't decide.

maps.google.com; search for dodgeville, wi - then click the terrain button. It's hilly, roads ain't straight....

maps.google.com; search for dodgeville, wi - then click the terrain button. It's hilly, roads ain't straight....
Yup, I can look at maps.

What I'm wonderin, is where the guys that live in "Central" go to play? :dntknw:

THAT'S where it oughta be...

Whether it's been there before or not.. (JMO) If ya gotta good spot, why move?

(edit) But S. MO does have some sweet stuff! :rolleyes:

I was at SFO in Eureka Springs, that was a blast...so we "Central" owners might have to ride a bit north of that. I just moved to Iowa City and haven't had time to play around the area...but I know NE IA and SW WI have great roads (condition, eh, so-so).

The Black Hills are fun, but riding 8+ hrs over flat/straight/windy slab sucks

That's awesome Rick. The Forevertron. If it is held in WI, you could come up with a ride to incorporate all the little gems like that.

I absolutely love N. Minnesota, but it only has a fews nice twisty roads. But then there is that big lake. And it is a very scenic ride around it!.

However, SW. WI could be just the ticket. I don't think much will match the Black Hills, but moving the event around does have it's benefits. Plus, it is even a scenic ride to get there....from here anyway.

paul from Minnesota

I will admit, I'm very torn also. I voted for SW WI.

Just because its closer for me than the Black Hills, and I would like to try SW WI again. And the fact that I'm down there fours times a year for conferences because of a new job helps also. N MN would have been nice but the fact that the twisties are a little more technical in WI gets the vote.

I still lean towards the Black Hills area. There's rocks, rivers, canyons, great state and national parks, tons of wildlife... Northern MN is ok, speed limits are lower and LEO and DEER presence is high. SW WI is nice, the roads are twisty, but there's not much to see but fields and hills. The drive would be a lot shorter to SW WI, but it wouldn't feel like a vacation if I could drive home every day.

Erik.