Looking For Best Route Connecting I-10 and I-15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering attempting a BBG Trifecta on my way out to YFO. I will be starting from home on I-95N to I-10 and end

the first BBG in Sonora, TX. The 1st BBG kind of sucks with many potential traffic problems/construction zones/low speed limits.

The 2nd BBG I will need to complete much faster for longer rest. My plan is to ride from Sonora west on I-10W (80MPH) and hook up to

I-15N. Shortest route makes no difference, I just need a good transition from I-10 to I-15 with no delays or hang ups. I have not worked

out the timing, so it could be night time. My standard route through there is to take I-10 to Blythe and hit Hwy #95 to I-515.

I would consider any route, but speed limit is important to me. I prefer not to exceed the posted limit by more than 10 MPH.

Seems like if I stayed on I-10 to Riverside, I would risk heavy traffic (?) I would consider dropping down to I-8 also. I am hoping some

local riders have some better route suggestions.

Once on I-15N, I will ride to I-90 and attempt to burn off the 3rd BBG proceeding back south on I-15 for completion of the ride.

Once I finish, my destination will be Los Angeles before heading to YFO.

Thanks, Tony

Tony, IMO the only way to make that transition (I-10 to I-215 to I-15) efficiently is by selecting a good time of day--at night or early in the morning on a weekend. The mountains just don't offer any other alternatives. I would also lean towards taking US-95 out of Blythe on a typical trip, but not sure if I would do that during a multiple BBG attempt.

Eric

I am considering attempting a BBG Trifecta on my way out to YFO. I will be starting from home on I-95N to I-10 and endthe first BBG in Sonora, TX. The 1st BBG kind of sucks with many potential traffic problems/construction zones/low speed limits.

The 2nd BBG I will need to complete much faster for longer rest. My plan is to ride from Sonora west on I-10W (80MPH) and hook up to

I-15N. Shortest route makes no difference, I just need a good transition from I-10 to I-15 with no delays or hang ups. I have not worked

out the timing, so it could be night time. My standard route through there is to take I-10 to Blythe and hit Hwy #95 to I-515.

I would consider any route, but speed limit is important to me. I prefer not to exceed the posted limit by more than 10 MPH.

Seems like if I stayed on I-10 to Riverside, I would risk heavy traffic (?) I would consider dropping down to I-8 also. I am hoping some

Once on I-15N, I will ride to I-90 and attempt to burn off the 3rd BBG proceeding back south on I-15 for completion of the ride.

Thanks, Tony
Tony,

What ever route you take I am sure you will have fun.

Why not run out the Phoenix on I-10 and then I-17 north to I-40 and then west to somewhere like Daggett to cut up to I-15. Just remember that taking either I-10 or I-40 into CA will take you into the desert, hot during the day and cold at night. Not many services in that area at night. You also need to be sure that when you reach 1500+ miles that there is a place to get a receipt and some rest. That is why I like the I-10 to I-8 route as I can work out the BBG's to end where there is fuel and a hotel.

Good luck and ride hard.

Subscribed to this thread.

I'm not on an IBA mission, but heading to YFO and coming in from the south. Once we get into Nevada, the choices are limited.

Of all the places you can connect to I-15,my favorite is the I-70 junction area. North of where you are, but well worth the trip...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fillmore,+UT+84631/Beaver,+Utah/@38.6053639,-112.7584715,10z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x874b58c895d72385:0x6edc76cb0df25629!2m2!1d-112.3397377!2d38.9638553!1m5!1m1!1s0x80b4d57ecb4fc9a5:0xbcd469b87d0d46ed!2m2!1d-112.6410518!2d38.2769149?hl=en

66ee8a8b-6801-4d71-a19f-57335ea83e46.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering attempting a BBG Trifecta on my way out to YFO. I will be starting from home on I-95N to I-10 and endthe first BBG in Sonora, TX. The 1st BBG kind of sucks with many potential traffic problems/construction zones/low speed limits.

Thanks, Tony
Tony,

What ever route you take I am sure you will have fun.

Why not run out the Phoenix on I-10 and then I-17 north to I-40 and then west to somewhere like Daggett to cut up to I-15. Just remember that taking either I-10 or I-40 into CA will take you into the desert, hot during the day and cold at night. Not many services in that area at night. You also need to be sure that when you reach 1500+ miles that there is a place to get a receipt and some rest. That is why I like the I-10 to I-8 route as I can work out the BBG's to end where there is fuel and a hotel.

Good luck and ride hard.
Careful on the 40 of you take it... It's a long lonely road.

Ron