First BBG Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's more than a half hour ahead of the clock at this point. Some of the road is fairly crappy in the next hour or so but pretty clear sailing after that.

He's more than a half hour ahead of the clock at this point. Some of the road is fairly crappy in the next hour or so but pretty clear sailing after that.
Thats what I had figured, but I am confused by the time stamps and not real clear on the time zones.

Heck when I refueled in Montreal, the french being spoken threw me at first.
unsure.png

Are you going to try and catch him? Perhaps not, since he is running tight.

If that timestamp has already been adjusted for the time zone change, he's in good shape with a slim margin of extra time.
Does this happen with the app. or does not the Spotwalla setting control this?
There is no time discontinuity when crossing time zones (New Brunswick into Quebec). It would appear that it gives the device home time and date. Would get confusing otherwise.

101stpathfinder posted: Does this happen with the app. or does not the Spotwalla setting control this?
RossKean posted: There is no time discontinuity when crossing time zones (New Brunswick into Quebec). It would appear that it gives the device home time and date. Would get confusing otherwise.
Just checked an old Spotwalla track. I believe Spotwalla shows the "device home time" without adjusting for crossing any time zone boundaries. "Your time zone" is the same -- whatever time it was where you, Spotwalla stalker, are located.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about meeting him on the highway and riding with him for an hour or two but he's probably pretty focussed on the mission and likely doesn't need a distraction at this point.

Thanks RK and Hud. Wasn't sure if BUBBLER was different then a Spot tracker.

This ride will go down to the last hour, but I like how he seems to be stronger (Or as strong) on the return

leg. Perhaps daylight hours?

Is Scott his finish witness?

Looks like he refueled at Prince William Rd. (635) (?)

Does he have an aux tank?

He made that stretch on the 1st western leg in around 4 hrs 8 mins, he has 4 hrs 52 mins remaining.

I like his chances !
punk.gif

Looks to me like he fuelled just southeast of Riviere-du-Loup and then again in Prince William (near Fredericton) - a distance of 340 km (212 miles). Pretty sure he doesn't have an auxiliary tank. Should be OK for that distance on regular tank, even at the pace he is running. He will need one more gas stop before he gets back (plus one for the final receipt).

Looks to me like he fuelled just southeast of Riviere-du-Loup and then again in Prince William (near Fredericton) - a distance of 340 km (212 miles). Pretty sure he doesn't have an auxiliary tank. Should be OK for that distance on regular tank, even at the pace he is running. He will need one more gas stop before he gets back (plus one for the final receipt).
+1

Thats why I asked about aux fuel, because he was about 270 miles out when he refueled at Prince William Rd.

Very few FJR riders would risk running out of gas so close to the finish.
rolleyes.gif

I'm almost certain there is no extra fuel on board and I don't think he has any expectation of making it the rest of the way on what he got in Prince William. He will certainly refuel sometime before he gets home but it could be anywhere from Moncton NB to Truro NS - whenever he might need a break in that 100 mile stretch. He has the time for an extra fuel stop.

Edit - He just got gas in Sackville NB (22:18). A two hour run for home from there. He should make it with over a half hour to spare!!!

Last fuel until finish was done at Sackville at 22:18. He has 2 hrs 34mins to finish a stretch that took him under 2 hrs

to complete on the way west.

Looking good !

Passed Truro NS. The final stretch of highway - pretty easy run into Halifax from there. Well less than an hour from current location to the gas station where he started the clock.

He's got less than 30 mins of travel remaining, and almost 60 mins left on the clock. Go, BluenoseFJR!

<edit, 30 mins later> Yippee! Looks like he made it with 18 minutes to spare!

Congratulations, brother!

Congratulations on a great ride, Tim. Not an easy thing to do in this part of the country. Get some sleep and fill us in on the details tomorrow.