Looking for Birmingham Resturant suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilly

Administrator of Drama
Reaction score
I'm leaving for the pride of the south "Birmingham, AL" in the morning and will be there until next Wednesday. Can you local guys help me out with a few restaurant suggestions.

I'm in B'ham frequently and I'm getting tired of my usual spots. I mostly hit Five Points. Staying at the Sheraton across from the convention center.

Help me out! I can only get Scab's wife to make brunch on Sunday? ;)

JW

There are a bunch of them Jwilly. Fox Valley, near Fencer, has some great food. I believe the owner/chef is from New York and was a revered chef up there. Leonardo's has excellent Italian food; it's in the Vestavia area. Crazy Cajun's, off of Hwy. 280 is great for, you guessed it, Cajun food. Cajun Steamer near the Galleria isn't bad either.

I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

I'm in B'ham frequently and I'm getting tired of my usual spots. I mostly hit Five Points. Staying at the Sheraton across from the convention center.
Check out "Highlands Bar & Grill" $$$$$$, but rated 5th best in the U.S.!!! Owner also has "Botega", and there is also Hot & Hot Fish Club".. Better bring a big ass wallet to all of them but some very damn good food... Oh, and dress up too....

Check out "Highlands Bar & Grill" $$$$$$, but rated 5th best in the U.S.!!! Owner also has "Botega", and there is also Hot & Hot Fish Club".. Better bring a big ass wallet to all of them but some very damn good food... Oh, and dress up too....
I too can vouch for these with Hot & Hot at the top of my list. The chocolate soufle is out of this world!!!!

jim

Looks like you have a couple options. :D
Based on that post I can say without a doubt you have never been to B'Ham!! Some things are better with more than shoes on. :p

Thanks for the suggestions guys! My usual BBQ place is Jim and Nicks, we have a Dreamland BBQ by my house in Alpharetta, GA but have never been to the one in B'Ham.

JW