Looks like Rocky Mountain Motorsports has the best price on PR2's this week

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Went looking for a price on PR2's. Came across Rocky Mountain ATV-MC. $256.98 delivered If anyone is interested.

In-stock items are shipped immediately.
Product Description Price Quantity Availability Notes Sub Total
180/55ZR-17 (73W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Rear Motorcycle Tire - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300 (Rear)Part # 1223980004 $141.99 In Stock Heavy/Oversize $141.99
120/70ZR-17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Road 2 CT Radial Front Motorcycle TirePart # 1223970005 $114.99 In Stock Heavy/Oversize $114.99
Shipping & Handling:Free!
Tax:$0.00Total:$256.98

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

That is a good price, I always liked the PR2's....but I think I'll stick with the new Bridgestone T30 GT's.

$221.90 shipped @ Bike Bandit.com

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good price, I always liked the PR2's....but I think I'll stick with the new Bridgestone T30 GT's.$221.90 shipped @ Bike Bandit.com
That's pretty cheap considering you get another $6 or $7 back from Bike Bandit in the form of "bandit bucks" How do the Bridgestones wear? I got 14,000 miles out of my last set of PR2's.

That is a good price, I always liked the PR2's....but I think I'll stick with the new Bridgestone T30 GT's.$221.90 shipped @ Bike Bandit.com
That's pretty cheap considering you get another $6 or $7 back from Bike Bandit in the form of "bandit bucks" How do the Bridgestones wear? I got 14,000 miles out of my last set of PR2's.
The best that I got out of a pair of PR2's was 13k miles...and chords were showing. If I get that out of the T30 GT's...I'll be very happy

Thanks for the link! I just ordered a set to place in my cool basement until needed. Fortunately, both the FJR and my Bandit 1200 use the same size tire, so it makes sense to have a spare set on hand.

I recently paid a "Stupid Tax" in the way of a set of overpriced Metzeler M3 tires while on the road with my son. I had concentrated on finding him the best price online for his SuperHawk, and completely spaced-out the need for my FJR. The tread was just above the wear bar on the rear, and we had a week of aggressive riding planned for the tasty roads in Southern Oregon and Northern CA... would have NOT made it home on those tires, and would have worried all the time I was supposed to be enjoying the ride.

The Sportec M3 is a nice, sticky tire and did fine both in the twisty bits and torrential rain we experienced on the way back to the Puget Sound area from Corvallis. I'm afraid the wear will be roughly equivalent to Pilot Powers though, so it won't hurt to have a set of PR2s in stock! On the second day on the Metzelers, while riding Highway 36 and 3, I got right down to the elephant's feet on both sides of the rear tire, so that took care of the "chicken-strip" problem right off the bat...
punk.gif
bike.gif

Ride safe!

Don