Lunasee Active Sidelighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just decided on a little test. Tape is sitting on the shelf in my garage awaiting install and LED lights. Garage has been dark for hours so I went out there with my 3aa High Intensity LED flashlight turned off and all lights off. Picked up the tape and then clicked on the flashlight and quickly waved it over the tape very close to simulate what'll happen on a ride for one pass by the LED. Let's just say...

THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!

And no, I haven't told the wife what I was up to. I can already picture the :rolleyes: she will give me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't stop with just the wheels! Now you know how it works, you need to get it on your helmet and riding gear.

Tron%2BCostume.jpg
AWESOME!!!

Is that helmet DOT or Snell aproved?

Decided it was finally time to get this stuff out and do this. Dang if that tape from amazon is NOT flexible at all. I mean it bends back and forth but not to the side like you need to do the wheels. Gotta do some more research.

Decided it was finally time to get this stuff out and do this. Dang if that tape from amazon is NOT flexible at all. I mean it bends back and forth but not to the side like you need to do the wheels. Gotta do some more research.
Which tape did you get?

Tapeworks.com might have some.

This stuff. I think I looked at tapeworks and didn't see anything, but I'll have to check again.

https://www.amazon.com/JVCC-GLW-Glow-Dark-Tape/dp/B000QDLMSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342048702&sr=8-1
Yeah, I don't see it at Tapeworks either, although I think they may be on their way out. I've tried to contact them a couple time over the last year and never heard back.

You might be able to curve it around your rim if you heat it up a it with a hairdryer/heatgun. I haven't started in on it yet, just got the LEDs and switch - probably going to put the switch in the glovebox compartment (which also has a convenient 12-V supply in it).