Marathon Ride Completed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddletramp

Reaction score
A few hours ago I completed my first long trip on the FJR. From Washington state to central Utah & back in three days! 1,847 miles on the odometer.

My purpose was to attend my daughters wedding. The wedding was great & the trip was even greater. I really feel bonded with the FJR now.

I added the gas receipts & spend around $90.00 on gas & averaged 44.6 mpg! My worst leg was 33.4 at speeds of up to 105 mph. I covered 185 miles in less than two hours. My best leg was between Price, UT & Ogden, UT, where I averaged 51 mpg.

I had no problems with the FJR other than trying to keep the speed reasonable! Thank god I installed a Vista Cruise the day before I left. I also got great use out of my new Sahara vest that zips into my Joe Rocket jacket. I soaked it in water for several minutes then zipped it into the coat. With the outside skin off of the jacket the mesh portion kept the air flowing & it felt like air conditioning! It kept me from getting heat stroke!

I'll post more details later but suffice it to say that the FJR far exceeded my expectations. I didn't miss being on my Valkyrie even once!