Max will be filing for unemployment compensation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of Max but I am surprised at this. I wonder what the real story is??
Absolutely concur. There has to be a lot of behind-the-scenes drama here.... I thought Max was a thoroughly rehabilitated dude in WSB this past year; no public tantrums that I recall, he *appeared* to get along fine with his competitors, never made any weak-tit excuses if he didn't place too well, and, hell, I believe he was in contention for the title up until the very last race!

Yeah, suspect there is a lot more to the story.... possibly, Max went back and demanded more money (as he said he would), and the Team Alstare folks couldn't (or wouldn't) cough up his salary demands.

Or..... there's some other drama going on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously there's something going on. There's riders with way less talent than Max with rides. That's an awefully short, factless press release.

Aww man ! Isnt he the dude we all love to hate ? I'll bet we've got some good ones coming up from 250's next year! I doubt Max is through yet...we'll see...lot of subdefuge goin' down...

Bobby