MD/PA Ride - Sunday April 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild72

Keep the dream alive: Hit the snooze button.
Reaction score
The following ride is put together annually by the Concours Owners Group, but all makes / models are welcome.

I should have a copy of the GPS file in advance, so PM me if you need it.

Pete

Date: Sunday April 14, 2013
Meet for breakfast at the Golden Corral in Frederick MD on route 355 south of route 70 at5621 Spectrum Drive, Frederick, MD 21703-8301
GPS N 39-22.935 E77-24.037
8:30 am breakfast route sheets will be handed out for a 150 mile self-guided ride that will end at Shippensburg Pa. The ride will take you on some of the FINEST Motorcycle riding roads in the area. Come out and show your support for Sport Touring at its finest. You will ride in Maryland and Pennsylvania.

Dammit! I'm out of town that weekend! Hope for the rest of you that the weather is nice!

I could live without ever going back to the golden corral, but the ride was awesome! West Virginia was fascinating. Nice sweepers all along the route, some crazy hairpin turns through a state park. Beautiful countryside with devastating poverty evident everywhere.

I've never seen so many mobile homes. Breath-taking and sobering. Really pretty country. Hope to make the next ride on the 28th.

Gotta agree with you on the Golden Corral, also known as the trough, but there are not too many places nearby apparently that can take that many people for breakfast, so I just accept it. The roads were great, but I noticed a lot of gravel, usually right on the riding line, which meant some caution had to be exercised. They weather was very accommodating, and I for one had a great time.

Pete