Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and heeerrre's Gussie!
DSC00662.jpg

Good dog, now go put that _______ back where you found it?
"But dad, I was bored............let's go play? run? jump? herd something? awe, come on....

did I mention I was bored?????"

Here are our two rascals. Well, we have four rascals altogether, but the other two are our kids :lol:

On the left is Bump, he's definitely got some Siamese in him with that long hair, and on the right is Flower, she's half Schipperke and half Chihuahua. This photo shows the only time so far since we adopted the dog a year ago of them laying peacefully next to each other. At least they stopped the snarling and hissing!

petssmall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are our two rascals. Well, we have four rascals altogether, but the other two are our kids :lol:
On the left is Bump, he's definitely got some Siamese in him with that long hair, and on the right is Flower, she's half Schipperke and half Chihuahua. This photo shows the only time so far since we adopted the dog a year ago of them laying peacefully next to each other. At least they stopped the snarling and hissing!
What a great combo for Flower! I've never seen the little 'barge dog' crossed with anything. Bump is lovely, too - but not seeing the Siamese !

What a great combo for Flower! I've never seen the little 'barge dog' crossed with anything. Bump is lovely, too - but not seeing the Siamese !
Hi MEM,

Yeah, Flower is a really beautiful little dog (or should I say mini dog?). She's got the thin features from her Chihuahua mom, so she's not barrel chested at all like the Schipperkes. Both parents were with neighbors at the time, so we did know Flower since she was a puppy. She turned out to be a great family dog.

About Bump, that's just too funny, of course I meant to say that he's got some Persian in him, not Siamese!!! I have no idea what lead me to write that. Must be early onset of old age. I have to see if I can't find a picture somewhere that shows him in all his fur glory, it's not that visible on the pic above. His mane makes him look like a painted miniature lion. He's the only cat we ever had that we had shaved for summer several years in a row because he got so hot he was just laying around lethargically. I did find one of those pictures right away. We have a house with air conditioning now, so we do not go through this torturous process anymore. He just stays inside most of the time during the hottest days.

bump2002_0001.jpg

You can tell by what's left of his tail how much hair he really has.

About Bump, that's just too funny, of course I meant to say that he's got some Persian in him, not Siamese!!! I have no idea what lead me to write that. Must be early onset of old age. I have to see if I can't find a picture somewhere that shows him in all his fur glory, it's not that visible on the pic above. His mane makes him look like a painted miniature lion. He's the only cat we ever had that we had shaved for summer several years in a row because he got so hot he was just laying around lethargically. I did find one of those pictures right away. We have a house with air conditioning now, so we do not go through this torturous process anymore. He just stays inside most of the time during the hottest days.
bump2002_0001.jpg

You can tell by what's left of his tail how much hair he really has.
Oh man, he must love the shaving. Not ! here's one of my girlies - her fur's pretty long, too!

47604181_RkRiM-M.jpg

Oh man, he must love the shaving. Not ! here's one of my girlies - her fur's pretty long, too!
Your girlie has a beautiful color combo! And I can tell she's got a lot of hair as well.

Yeah, Bump just HATED the shaving so much when they started, that they put him under right away. He's got all his four sets of claws, so he's a real danger to the shaver wielder :D

He will run and hide to this day when he hears either my Norelco shaver turn on, or even worse, when I use the Wahl hairclippers for myself or my sons hair...

Black labs and all retrievers are on my short list for wonderful pets.
This is Reggie - named by her first family who's college was the Rajun Cajuns and they called her Rajun.

She's 14.5 now (she's been here 12 years) and has slowed down physically and eye sight and hearing but still catches food and defends herself from the other two younsters (basset Jenni and Walker coon dawg Walker) in the house.

She's quite old for a lab and has lotsa gray hairs which used to be black. We got Jenni when we thought Reggie was in her last year, but the other dawgs have caused her to be much more active and I believe that has lengthened her life and quality thereof.

She's the "queen" of the house fa sur...

4229274648_201efb901f_o.gif
I have to put Reggie down today... <sigh>

Black labs and all retrievers are on my short list for wonderful pets.
This is Reggie - named by her first family who's college was the Rajun Cajuns and they called her Rajun.

She's 14.5 now (she's been here 12 years) and has slowed down physically and eye sight and hearing but still catches food and defends herself from the other two younsters (basset Jenni and Walker coon dawg Walker) in the house.

She's quite old for a lab and has lotsa gray hairs which used to be black. We got Jenni when we thought Reggie was in her last year, but the other dawgs have caused her to be much more active and I believe that has lengthened her life and quality thereof.

She's the "queen" of the house fa sur...

4229274648_201efb901f_o.gif
Sorry to hear that Patriot...

I am so sorry for your loss!

That is the one part about having pets I just can't stand....
she went quite peacefully; and believe me when I say it's a big help to have 3 other doggies to hug and caress after the fact

best distraction and filling of the hole in the heart is quite tempered by that fact

the rescue lady we foster doggies for insisted I take Reggie to her high faluting vet and the nice lady doc expertly did the deed with expertise, care, and compassion. The rescue called "Heaven's Pets" which is a animal funeral home and arranged for Reggie to be privately creamated with a cert of life and death, & a wooden box with her ashes and a lock of her hair. I think the vet bill was $100 and the creamation was $175 which is way more than I could have afforded.

Yes, yes, our first foster was Rosie, and on the mantle will be Rosie, Reggie, and between them Mom !!!!

gotta love it

it's been a little bit of a adjustment as we can sit on the love seat now, only get 3 milk bones out instead of 4, and we've retired the dark blue doggie food dish. And our ketchup bill will be greatly lessened, as Reggie would only eat her dry food in the last few years if ketchup was mixed in.

Patriot,

Sorry for your lost. Man I feel for you, my kids are getting up there also, Koa is 15 and Kalani will be 13 this year, he is slowing down faster as the years go on, Deborah and I made the mistake to watch Marley and Me..We don't take a minute for granted with them, here are some pictures of the kids.

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

Can't remember if I've posted a piccie of our Molly (Spoodle).

35n3ayg.jpg

She has been for a ride before, though:

n3kztu.jpg

I have a spare pannier though, and have considered doing something like Duke's setup:

av-17353.jpg

She's a little big, though. Maybe now that Zea is riding her own bike I should make a carrier to go on the pillion seat - note to self - get a damaged Gen 1 rear seat.

And of course she loves going for rides, even if it is in the car:

6pound.jpg

And we also have what I call our 'wild pets' - wild birds that we feed. This is a family of Butcherbirds (3 generations at the time this piccie was taken, now 4 generations). Molly comes to fetch me when they call so they can be fed. She sits and watches, and gets a treat for being a 'good dog':

19wpc2.jpg

And this wasn't really a pet, but Molly went crazy around the piano one day, and eventually I gave in and moved it. This guy was curled up underneath, hence her excitement:

1zyyd82.jpg

We also have larger parrots which come and feed on our bird feeder. This is a Galah and 2 Rainbow Lorikeets waitng for their turn on the feeder:

beezgh.jpg

And this guy is oine of my specials. He is a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, and has lost one eye - hence our name for him: 'One Eye'. It amazes me how well he can judge distance, etc (for landing) with only 1 eye. He takes no nonsense from nayone. When we go away, even for weeks at a time, the birds will return to feed, sometimes within an hour of us getting home, and One Eye is always one of the first:

nd352v.jpg

Here's one of the Cockatoos also waiting for the food to come out:

fp3qz9.jpg

And quite rare - a King Parrot, on the feeder (really hard to shoot good pics here, as the feeder is in shade with a bright background). These only come after rain, and always in pairs. This is the male. The female is predominantly green:

2sakxmo.jpg

So besides our formal pet, we are very blessed with many other pets too.