Mexico Adventure - What a Mother

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice report and pictures, too bad the weather dumped on you guys some but I didn't see anyone riding in snow so it could have been worse. I'll bet Russ doesn't leave his rain gear behind next time.
4 weeks a year vacation time? Not bad for a working stiff.
Yeah 4 weeks a year is not bad. Got 2 weeks, we want 4, got 4, we want 6 and so it goes..... Life it is good and I don't have many VALID complaints.
Counting your sick leave and Christmas time your really looking at closer seven weeks aren't you?

I wouldn't have minded having lost a couple of weeks to something like that. I've lost that much taking some one to the hospital and Dr visits since last Sept. Count your blessings, you learned something and lived thru it!
Well the company says I get 4 weeks of vacation so that's how I counted it, the rest is holiday an sick leave. Having guides who knew the area well dramatically improved the survivability odds. And with a rented bike all I had to do was show up and ride, that was the easy part. Life is good.

Enjoyed the report,Jim. Even though the weather didn't cooperate you still had an adventure. Hell,if it was too easy it might not have been as memorable. Not a bad way to say adios to off roading.

I also have spent a lot of time off road,a lot of it in the great Naches area. Sold my WR450 a few years back but am getting the itch for an off road adventure. Your report makes me wonder what my own farewell to off roading will be like.