Michelin PR 3's out any day now

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy that works for a tire supplier on another forum gave me the info. PR3s are to be priced about 5% higher than the PR2s. Michelin is supposed to start shipping anytime now.
Good. That means I can stock up on discounted PR2s shortly. :yahoo:
Exactly. I'm at low inventory with only 2 fronts and 1 rear..

Good. That means I can stock up on discounted PR2s shortly. :yahoo:
That there be half-glass-full thinking. I knew I was holding off buying my three sets of 2011 tires for a reason. ;)
You n' me Bud.

Well I run strait M&S tires that are performance tires in winter, old fashioned I have two sets of rims. Every lug has those small sipes in them. It is explained in the propaganda on the tires that the sipes self clean snow and channel water. I can say they are the best Snow tire I have ever run, quiet, long lived, and perform well in the winter cold.

So being a motorcycle tire I would say they are to channel water. Interesting looking tire for sure. I was going to get some PR 2 B to replace the junk stock tires if I can ever get on my damn bike again. However I may look for the closeout specials that may come with this new 3.

Interesting design and I hope car tire technology is going into motorcycle tires. I dont think they will ever give us the longevity because of profits.

Hope someone posts up when they find them somewhere.

Here we go again. As soon as I find a high mileage tire I like the manufacturer decides to 'improve' it. :glare:

Mo' betta' would be great but I'll be happy if they are at least as good as the PR2. I'm not sure I want to spoon on a PR3 and ride across the continent only to find out it doesn't have enough rubber left to get me back home, so I'm hoping someone tries these out soon.

Well then I'd better order my replacement front PR2 before it becomes a "can't get them" situation. Got a brand new BSpec on the back and a 10,000 mile front!

Well I run strait M&S tires that are performance tires in winter, old fashioned I have two sets of rims. Every lug has those small sipes in them. It is explained in the propaganda on the tires that the sipes self clean snow and channel water. I can say they are the best Snow tire I have ever run, quiet, long lived, and perform well in the winter cold.

Hope someone posts up when they find them somewhere.
I just put a set of winter tires on my Acura TL and concur on performing well in the winter. All those sipes and the softer rubber compound really make those tires stick on snow and ice. In summer I run $400 each Michelin Ultra performance summer tires and they have virtually no sipes and stick like glue with positive feedback from the road. But a trade off is that tires with all those sipes squirm more and this would be a problem on a motorcycle. I sure wouldn't like a "greasy" feeling tire on the FJR. Of course, I can't imagine Michelin designing a squirmy tire for a motorcycle so I'll reserve judgement until I try one or get feedback from our first forum guinea pig. :D

PR3.jpg

Who amongst us will be the 1st to try the latest greatest from Michelin? Inquiring minds want to know! If they are better than the PR2s, then we have a winner!

Its got all those dots on em, they must be better, as you can entertain yourself while your sitting at a stop.... Play a game of Dot to Dot..?
Here in Canada we put ice studs in those holes for winter riding.

I will be needing a new set in the spring, I will wait for the feedback before getting PR3s, Im going for Pirelli Angels next.

Andy

I say go ahead & buy 'em. I mean it's not like they're permanent; yer gonna get more tires after the next 30 or 40 tankfuls of gas or thereabouts...

As for myself, I think I'll try the Pirelli's although the Old-Skool Avon Azaro's were my favorite. Avon has since "improved" them.

I'm on my third set of PR2's 17k+ on the first two 12k+ on this set and counting. I switched from PR's as they handled better than Azaro's and BT010's. I figured the PR2's would be better and switched and never looked back. I will try PR3's just because Michelin seems to get it right and making it better.

Do these new taars come from the factry wit sticky string already plugging da tread, or do I still needs ta do that myself?

;)

I will be looking at other's reports on these while I am riding out to Kali on my newly ordered PR2s. I don't want to be the guinea pig on this dream trip and end up having some issue out on the trip. :)

Might know I just put a new set of PR2s. Interesting tread design. Would have loved to try the new ones. Michilins have worked vary well for me on the FJR. :rolleyes:

I just got notified about some PR2's for $249.99 per set with free shipping! :rolleyes: I ordered two sets! :clapping: I Love these tires! :yahoo: