michelin road pilot 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkyduc

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the "B" versions will be out? Mine has been on backorder since mid May.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a set delivered last Friday to a local installer here. Bought them on motorcyclesuperstore.com.

I will get them installed later in the week.

THe guy I go to for tires also said the PR 3's are on back order. But the Fronts are available. I'll be putting a replacing my front tire with a PR3 on Thursday.

Just ordered the PR3 from motorcyclesuperstore.com. 174.99 , it will be here wed. , this is the third time ive gotten stuff from these guys (and girls) great prices and fast delivery :yahoo:

Just ordered the PR3 from motorcyclesuperstore.com. 174.99 , it will be here wed. , this is the third time ive gotten stuff from these guys (and girls) great prices and fast delivery :yahoo:
Ouch! I can get a SET of Conti Motion tires delivered for LESS than than just a PR3 B spec.

Good Tires cost a little more $$ , the PR2 worked well, i never got that ohh shit feeling while scrapping my pegs in a corner, im thinking thats why they didnt last <_<

Ouch! I can get a SET of Conti Motion tires delivered for LESS than than just a PR3 B spec.

Good Tires cost a little more $$ , the PR2 worked well, i never got that ohh shit feeling while scrapping my pegs in a corner, im thinking thats why they didnt last <_<

The Contis ARE great tires! They probably just won't last very long like the PR2s or PR3s. To each his own, but I never felt confident at moderate to high lean angles on the PR2s. Have heard many others say the same. Great tire for mileage however.

The Contis ARE great tires! They probably just won't last very long like the PR2s or PR3s. To each his own, but I never felt confident at moderate to high lean angles on the PR2s. Have heard many others say the same. Great tire for mileage however.
Never had any trouble at a spirited lean angle with the PR2 on either my FJR or FZ1. Just tested the FZ1 on Hwy 120 toward Benton Hot Springs and the PR2's were glued to the road :)

I've had my PR3s on for a little over a month now. Not been doing fun rides as oftenas I would like, but last week, I pushed them pretty hard.

They felt pretty good, but I'm not sure if they felt funny at full lean hauling ass, or if it was me. I never puckered with them, the road was not perfect, and I'm a hair rusty.

Before it gets too cold, I wanna run the bike up to Sandia Crest. 14 miles of pretty tight turns, switchbacks and some fast sweepers...I'll let you know.

whats the difference between the PR2's and the PR3's ????? I have had a couple of sets of the PR2's and find them to be a good tire

Latest posts