Michigan Fall Colors and a Beached FJR…

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge thanks to Tim and Wife for the open invite - it's what makes this community so awesome!!

It was such a hard call to make. We stood there in Howell for about 30 minutes batting ideas around. I knew we would hit some rain Saturday no matter what, and going east looked like it would push that point of hitting rain as late in the day as possible - and we guessed correctly.

Riding into rain is one thing. Starting out the day in the rain is an entirely different deal - it gets in your head and can just beat you down before you're even rolling.

There is still a good bit of that Lake Michigan shore for us to run...Next year...

Wife I spent that Friday evening cleaning and rolling out the red carpet for Wayne & Julie's arrival. Well, at least the house got clean.
Truth be told, I probably would have chickened out riding with you on Saturday. It rained and it rained hard. Forest rats have me nervous this time of year as it is. Glad you had fun and made it back safe. Invitation still stands if you want to try the west side.

Great RR Wayne. Tammy and I did a lot of that ride during a trip to Minot quite some time ago. I was not as lucky and had to endure Bronner's tour at full length. Thanks for sharing brother!

Sounds like an excellent weekend. Yes, riding into rain is far different than starting out in rain. But I noticed your last day was all blue sky and sunshine...fitting. So, someone else has actually buried an FJR in sand. I did this in New Mexico at a sort of cul de sac where the road petered out. I got off the bike and it just stood there, resting with its belly in the sand. Brother and I had to drag it sideways about 10 feet to more solid ground. I was thankful for shaft drive and no chain.

Now that was a real good RR
punk.gif
Good start to my morning, thanks.

Can't believe I missed this one - glad I got to read it. Well done, friends.

Next year for one of my bike trips, I think I'm going due north. It's time for that.

If you make a wrong turn and end up in the mitten state, look me up - there might be a site or three to see up here...

Can't believe I missed this one - glad I got to read it. Well done, friends.

Next year for one of my bike trips, I think I'm going due north. It's time for that.