mid-ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrman

Reaction score
is anybody else going to the mid-ohio race this weekend? i've never been to an AMA national, just local supermoto. it should be fun. anybody got suggestions on where to watch the race from? my dad and i have pit passes as well. well, look forward to seeing some guys there.

That's good to know. I'm definately going to be moving around, especially to drool in the paddock.

Yep, wasted another Sunday at Mid-Ohio.

Sun013.jpg

I know, we spent Sunday at the hotel drinking. Saturday was cool, MUCH faster in person than on TV. Sunday we got up, it was raining so we put on our gear and went for breakfast at the track. Got soaked, stopped at the Kroger's in Mansfield to pick up a couple six-packs, and drank at the hotel. They did end up running the 2nd Superbike race, but we were too drunk to ride over. They didn't run it until 7:30, then cancelled the other 2 races. All in all, a great weekend. Looking forward to Indy GP next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to look at this before I left for Mid-Ohio....Went up on Thursday night and stayed at the Jellystone campgrounds 'til Sunday. After the rain started a 2 am decided to pack up and go figuring they'd cancell with the weather station calling for Thunderstorms in the afternoon. Imagine my suprise when I called Mid-Ohio to find out if they were running the 3 races on Monday and they told me (7pm) the Superbikes were just going out for thier warm up lap!! Oh Well. Had a blast on Saturday, Mat won and saw some good racing in the other classes too.

I'm gonna keep a closer eye on the forum and see what everyone's doing for the MotoGP next Sept.! Only got to talk to a couple FJR owners at Mid-Ohio but there were sure a bunch there! Did any of you do Vintage Days the week before? Had a ball at that too.