Mobil 1 Racing 4t 10-40 oil

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
Went to Walmart for this oil and don,t see it? Where do I get it?

PS: I see that Walmart near me in NJ also does not carry Rotella synthetic 10-40 anymore either

PS: I see that Walmart near me in NJ also does not carry Rotella synthetic 10-40 anymore either
Shell Rotella full-synthetic is called 'T6' and is available in 5W40 viscosity.

'T5" synthetic-blend is available in 10W40 viscosity.

Rotella "dino" is available in 15W40.

Autozone carries it for sure. I usually just run the regular Mobil 1 10-40.
Is that regular (automobile?) Mobil 1 without friction modifiers that are a no-no in wet clutch bikes? I'm out and having hell finding my usual Honda HP-4 half synthetic (only place local that I've seen it lately wants almost $12/ qt), and I need to change the oil in my Feejer. Auto Mobil 1 I can find, and if it's suitable for wet clutches, I'd happily use that.

As long as its not "energy conserving" your good to go. Its on the label if it's energy conserving. I don't think any 10-40 is energy conserving.

IIRC you DON'T want friction modifiers in your MC oil if clutch slippage is a concern for you IMO if the clutch slips with a "car" oil in it, it was probably in bad shape already to start with.

As for the oil i use "car" Mobil 1 10w-40.

Shell Rotella T isn't a MC specific oil either but does meet JASO MA certification.

Oh i also use a car oil filter…a supertech of all things…oh the humanity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Autozone carries it for sure. I usually just run the regular Mobil 1 10-40.
Is that regular (automobile?) Mobil 1 without friction modifiers that are a no-no in wet clutch bikes? I'm out and having hell finding my usual Honda HP-4 half synthetic (only place local that I've seen it lately wants almost $12/ qt), and I need to change the oil in my Feejer. Auto Mobil 1 I can find, and if it's suitable for wet clutches, I'd happily use that.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is a full synthetic oil formulated for 4 cycle motorcycles. I get it at Autozone for $9.98 per quart. Seems OK to me. It's the one with the picture of the sportbike on the front.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 is a full synthetic oil formulated for 4 cycle motorcycles. I get it at Autozone for $9.98 per quart. Seems OK to me. It's the one with the picture of the sportbike on the front.
I've seen that a lot at my AutoZone. Im not gonna pay $40 for a gallon of oil when I can use the Rotella T for $12.99 a gallon. If I want synthetic, the Rotella T6 (T5?) Is only $20. All of it is plenty of protection for our street use.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have an O'reilly auto parts store nearby you can order online like i do and pick it up at your convenience..... they will usually have it next day from the warehouse for pick up......been running this since new with great performance.

My link

hope this helps

RAT

I love threads like these....they remind me why I rarely visit the forum. Then again, I'm married now and don't have time to waste on the forum....just don't tell my wife I said that.....

I love threads like these....they remind me why I rarely visit the forum. Then again, I'm married now and don't have time to waste on the forum....just don't tell my wife I said that.....
Copied, pasted and sent....

You are so fuked. ;)