• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcyclegear.com - great deals on waterproof gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
With the coming season changes, one can never have too many waterproof gloves! Got an email notification from Motorcyclegear.com on a couple pair on closeout for only $29 each. Have received both pairs and I think they will do well in different situations. I know it's a challenge to find true waterproof gloves but some do last longer than others and I always have a couple backup pair along to change out along the way. B) Fit on both seem to be spot on so order whatever size you normally do.

Icon PDX Waterproof Gloves

Medium weight, lined, fabric seems to be a good choice for waterproofing

PDXGreyBack.jpg

Speed and Strength Urge Overkill Gloves

These are a bit more lightweight but the fabric seems to bode well for waterproofing... perhaps a good backup pair for when your other "waterproof" gloves aren't quite that. ;)

UrgeOverkill_glv_Top_copy.jpg

Tyler, I've found true waterproof gloves easy enough, but to have them breathable at the same time is the trick (don't like da'schwetty hands).

Report on the in-usage pls :)

Thanks for the heads up. Really don't need any more gloves, but that price is too good to pass up. Just put my order in for a pair of the Icons.

Steve, you would have to actually ride in the rain to know if they're rain proof. NSJS :grin:

With the coming season changes, one can never have too many waterproof gloves! Got an email notification from Motorcyclegear.com on a couple pair on closeout for only $29 each. Have received both pairs and I think they will do well in different situations. I know it's a challenge to find true waterproof gloves but some do last longer than others and I always have a couple backup pair along to change out along the way.
cool.png
Fit on both seem to be spot on so order whatever size you normally do.
Icon PDX Waterproof Gloves

Medium weight, lined, fabric seems to be a good choice for waterproofing

PDXGreyBack.jpg

Speed and Strength Urge Overkill Gloves

These are a bit more lightweight but the fabric seems to bode well for waterproofing... perhaps a good backup pair for when your other "waterproof" gloves aren't quite that.
wink.png

UrgeOverkill_glv_Top_copy.jpg
Shipping was only $3 (USPS), so I bit on a pair of the Urge OverK's

I've only got about 14 pairs, what's another set.

It has been my experience that waterproof and gloves are mutually exclusive things. Water resistant is the best I could offer for any glove that claims to be waterproof in my experience.